Diablo® III

Impale Changed

I miss the railgun arrow :|
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Hunter
honestly the idea and sound of impale was really making me want to use it as a main ability ( i love ranged classes) but it as a dagger just makes it seem much less satisfying. not to go on a tangent but its a huge reason i dislike blizzard's decisions: they change things that don't need to be changed, and although they generally have a good reason, sometimes a large majority of the community ends up upset.

anyways- i will have to see how it plays out but the more i read about DH the less i think i will at least start with one.
Reply Quote
lets bring the old impale back!
most of the ppl here didnt like the new one. it makes no sense.
Reply Quote
Haven't seen the new one yet. Are there any videos of it?
Reply Quote
The old impale was way better!!

The DH is turning into a ninja...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Has anyone noticed a speed variation when the Male DH skin is used vs the Female DH skin for the Impale attack?

Unless the gear "Inspect" function is not working I see the male DHs throw Impale knifes with each hand at a really fast attack rate with no IAS gear. I just crafted two rare IAS cross bows for my Female DH and she is only throwing Impale knifes one handed at a visually slower rate.

I can't tell if its a lag issue or if my graphics are bugging out. The only explanation I can think of is they are using the IAS 8 second self (Shadow Power) buff and I'm unable to see their dark wings because of a graphics issue.

Any thoughts or confirmations on this?
Reply Quote
Has anyone noticed a speed variation when the Male DH skin is used vs the Female DH skin for the Impale attack?

Unless the gear "Inspect" function is not working I see the male DHs throw Impale knifes with each hand at a really fast attack rate with no IAS gear. I just crafted two rare IAS cross bows for my Female DH and she is only throwing Impale knifes one handed at a visually slower rate.

I can't tell if its a lag issue or if my graphics are bugging out. The only explanation I can think of is they are using the IAS 8 second self (Shadow Power) buff and I'm unable to see their dark wings because of a graphics issue.

Any thoughts or confirmations on this?

anyone can confirm yet?
Reply Quote
Since the skill was recently changed there are likely still some issues with it, so it's entirely possible.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Impale just -feels- wrong.
Ninjas throws knives.
Demon Hunter just feels bizarre throwing a knife, especially since no other skill is involved with knives.
I feel like this should be a heavy crossbow bolt that literally impales the target, knocking it back and potentially hitting another target.
Skewer the target to a wall for instance.
The knife just does -not- feel satisfying.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I totally agree. Seeing an old video of the DH skills got me excited about impale. It looked awesome as a shot, but now, putting your crossbow behind and throwing a knife? It just doesn't seem right at all... specially for an abillity that does that much damage.

A throwing knife should not do double the damage of a bow shot. It doesn't make sense in the overall scenario. "Let's do little damage with tons of arrows and then blow up things throwing a tiny knife at them".
Reply Quote
Impale just -feels- wrong.
Ninjas throws knives.
Demon Hunter just feels bizarre throwing a knife, especially since no other skill is involved with knives.
I feel like this should be a heavy crossbow bolt that literally impales the target, knocking it back and potentially hitting another target.
Skewer the target to a wall for instance.
The knife just does -not- feel satisfying.

Fan of Knives
Strafe - Stinging Steel
Also throw knives.
Reply Quote
04/07/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Valerie
A throwing knife should not do double the damage of a bow shot. It doesn't make sense in the overall scenario. "Let's do little damage with tons of arrows and then blow up things throwing a tiny knife at them".

You do realize that a blade is much bigger than an arrow right? The amount of damage it is going to do to you is pretty significant if thrown correctly.

Also why the hell did someone revive this post that's old as hell? Really?
Reply Quote
i think they might have had pretty logical reasons to change the animation.

Before change impale seemed to hit instantly + it seemed to always hit the target, even with other monsters between. That might just be too strong in a lot of situation. As in Diablo 2 there will probably a lot of summoner monsters, which are high priority targets because they spawn more monsters. The ability to shoot them with a strong attack from anywhere (without having to think on positioning so you really DO hit them) seems a bit strong. Also it takes away a lot of challenge.
And i guess they don't want too many unavoidable instant attacks for pvp anyway. Takes the fun away if the demon hunter instantly hits you with 65% chance for a stun, doesn't it?

Don't say that i like the change (altough the new animation is still great imo), i am just saying that i don't think they changed the animation without having any reason for it.

Still, i won't use impale now
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4362519779
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]