Diablo® III

How will MF work in groups?

Does anybody anywhere have any idea how %MF will effect the drop rates for groups of players? For example:
Player 1: 25% MF
Player 2: 10% MF
Player 3: 30% MF
Player 4: 400% MF
Group total MF: 455%.

This group kills a boss. Is MF distributed evenly - each player has the equivalent of 114% MF applied to their personal drops? Does each player have their own percentage applied to their drops? Does the person who gets the killing blow's MF apply to each persons drop? Or some variation of all of these things?

If a thread like this already exists I apologize, I tried a search but didn't find anythign that answered my questions :).
Reply Quote
Good question ..
Reply Quote
> Does each player have their own percentage applied to their drops?

This one. Everyone's drops are entirely their own.

I'm not sure if we have any fully confirmed data about about last hit, but as everyon has their own drops, I'm confident they wouldn't do this, since everyone stopping at the last few seconds to just let the 1 MF stacked person finish the boss/unique/champion doesn't sound fun (ie, against what Blizz seem to be going for).
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I have heard it someone has 400 mf and the other person has 0, it will cause them to both have 200. It rounds it out to everyone. Because people with 400 mf won't be doing as much dmg as a person with 0 mf. Mf has always kinda weakened your char.
Reply Quote
I think averaging it across all players is the best way to do it. Otherwise people will try to load up hundreds of MF and hope that the other 3 people will kill.
Reply Quote
I don't think its been confirmed or denied yet, however if it is split among the group, that's just more reason for me to play solo, which would go against the goal of a co-op game.

How i think MF should work? You apply yours for each and every item that drops for you, and i apply mine for each and every item that drops for me.

If you split one stat, i think they should all be split. Oh wait, grouping just ruined your precision/attack/defense/whatever build by forcing you to split it among everyone!? Awwww. Too bad! Now leave my MF alone.

Just because someone has good gear, it doesn't make them a good player, and likewise, just because someone has MF gear, doesn't make them a bad player. The more important issue is how people are playing their characters, and contributing to the group. If i have 10,000 MF and am killing stuff, and Bob101 has 0 MF and dies every 30 seconds.... who would you rather group with?
Reply Quote
Well if im in a group of 5 and Windforce Type Item drops is it a free for all like diablo 2?
Reply Quote
Drops are different for each player. Each player has their own MF% applied to their own drops. Period. Someone may get a Windforce, someone may get gold, someone else may get nothing. Who knows? The point is that all drops will be different... Although I suppose there is also the random chance that the drops will be the same. But again, the point is, each player sees their own drops.

There is no "last hit" or anything, as long as you're in a certain radius of the monsters dieing, you will get the drops for that monster. Sure, you can potentially just stack all MF gear and have everyone else kill stuff for you, the problem is just that in the later stages of the game, the monsters will recognize this is what is happening and target you.

11/13/2011 09:56 PMPosted by LuBu
Well if im in a group of 5 and Windforce Type Item drops is it a free for all like diablo 2?

The max players per party/game is 4, ;).
Edited by Sixen on 11/14/2011 1:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
Simple. Your MF affects your drops. Doesn't matter what anyone else has.

Also in diablo 2 your merc added his mf AND yours for the kills he made, so it was beneficial to let the merc get the last hit on bosses. It will most likely be the same with followers, so put MF gear on them.
Reply Quote
Clearly MF should be added up and divided among the group. It's the only fair way to do it that prevents exploiting MF.

Anyone who disagrees just wants to be able to exploit the system while all the noobs are out farming without MF.
Reply Quote
Everyone gets there own MF and there own drops.
Reply Quote
didn't have time to read it and short on time, but imagine if your calculating damage for a skill, DPS is not an accurate measure of Skill damage. Each skill is a % of weapon damage per strike not over the average of 1 second, (apart from wizards beam but im not too sure about that) so DPS is not an accurate way of telling us (since skills are a big part of this game), and skill damage based on weapon damage per strike, not averaged over 1 second. I probably didn't word it correctly but as i said im short on time.
Reply Quote
WTF!!! I was in a totally different thread before... ignore above post.

Reply Quote
If MF gets divided out, then that reduces the motivation and incentive for anyone to do a co-op game with stacked MF gear. At the same time, if you are much faster killing speed as well as safer with 3 other people, then that may make up for it.

But I dunno, going from 400% to 100% is a very big difference and I don't see anything doing that for specifically MFing.
Reply Quote
11/14/2011 01:32 AMPosted by Sixen
Sure, you can potentially just stack all MF gear and have everyone else kill stuff for you, the problem is just that in the later stages of the game, the monsters will recognize this is what is happening and target you.

So very open to exploitation in random co-op games unless balance can be found with AI. Even then just stack MF with a kiting/survival build and let the other 3 players kill stuff... hmm maybe this is just another level of 'game mechanics'.

Can see a lot of people hitting 60, putting on MF gear and looking for a carry while others do the hard yards farming Hell or Inferno for them :(
Reply Quote
I honestly think that MF is going to destroy the co-op feel in one way or another

either my mf gets diminished or i get some useless guy in my group farming for drops

i personally think, the only fair way to do it is with the last hit method.. sure, it has its faults, but its a heck of a lot better than having some jerk off waiting for the kill
Reply Quote
I honestly think that MF is going to destroy the co-op feel in one way or another

either my mf gets diminished or i get some useless guy in my group farming for drops

i personally think, the only fair way to do it is with the last hit method.. sure, it has its faults, but its a heck of a lot better than having some jerk off waiting for the kill

AS long as there is a votekick or the person who starts the game has kick abilities it will be fine.
Reply Quote
From everything I've read, if you are trying to MF by just hanging out and not contributing to the group in the Inferno mode you will make zero progress because the mobs will be too hard to kill with only 3 people actively participating.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]