Diablo® III

Holy damage monk

This is my build for a monk based around holy damage.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#eTQSXb!fda!cccbYa

Open with crimson blinding light, then attack chain of two hits of crimson hundred fists (would holy damage from 2 hits of this stack?), then third hit with golden exploding palm. Gain additional spirit as mobs start blowing up. From what I can imagine, a golden exploding palm could generate some pretty substantial spirit when taking out groups of enemies. Most of the finishing blows would come from exploding palm, as the bulk of the other damage are slow dots.

If you get in trouble, alabaster breath of heaven for the heal/fleeing. Follow up with another blinding flash while they are fleeing. I don't know how the mechanic is in D3, but I know in D2 when you use the blinding skill, it would not stop mobs that are already attacking you. But, if you were to get them to flee first, I assume the blinding flash would stop the attack.(?)

Wave of light for high damage AOE. Wasn't sure on best way to rune it, would probably have to try it out to see. Possibly using empowered wave for reduced cooldown if the spirit generation can support it.

Indigo mantra of conviction fits with theme, although there might be other more practical options.

Transcendence and guiding light seem to be a good fit, as this build should be able to heal fairly regularly, and uses a decent amount of spirit.

Hopefully there will be items, or maybe even a passive that increases holy damage%.
Edited by TaigaKirdApe on 11/7/2011 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Oops, linked wrong build. Meant to put this.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#iUZXkR!YUa!ZbZaYY

That other one was a HC build.
Edited by TaigaKirdApe on 11/9/2011 11:53 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]