Diablo® III

Wow! I thought they were kidding.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/active/wave-of-light" class="bml-link-public">http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/active/wave-of-light</a>

"Pillar of the Ancients" is a real skill? Epic fail.
Edited by Marcus on 11/8/2011 11:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Pillar of the Ancients is just a Rune Effect, thank goodness.
Edited by PandaBrewz on 11/9/2011 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Months behind. Its been in the game for a very long time.
Reply Quote
Bleh. I thought that was something that didn't make it in. I misunderstood the blizzcon footage.
Reply Quote
<a href="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/active/wave-of-light" class="bml-link-public">http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/active/wave-of-light</a>

"Pillar of the Ancients" is a real skill? Epic fail.

Yeah I think its kind of silly my self.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure the majority are with me saying that the visual effects of "Wave of light" with Monks are not appropriate. Personally, it just sound's like an april fool thing.
Reply Quote

Turn the big bell into a massive monk-deity-fist, problem solved.
Reply Quote
Honestly, this one's gotta go. I can't recall a single person saying it is OK.

My questions are:
  • So, where's the LIGHT in Wave of LIGHT?

• What it has to do with A BELL?

• Why does the bell land in front of enemies instead of landing on them?

• Do you REALLY wanna do this? It's such a mood breaker :/ I know, this game is not about being realistic and such. But this one is totally out of place, both for real world and the Diablo Universe -_-'

I even understand a FERRET as a COMPANION. OK, ferret is not in Diablo mood at all but it's small, almost unnoticeable and useful.

Here we have a giant bell, that looks like crap, has nothing to do with the name of the skill and uses 100 spirit which is WAY too much. Also it's totally out of place for Monk as a "holy warrior" (unless your thought process is "monk->holy->temple->bell->?->kill monsters") and out of place for Sanctuary the way I see it.

Same goes for the pillar thing...

Guys, get a grip of yourselves! This is ridiculous!
Edited by D3BETA on 3/13/2012 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+1 and requested sticky! Please take notice Blizzard and patch this ridiculous animation out of the game at some near future! The bell and the pillar are such big turn offs! Such mood killers! These skills are just too literal and ridiculous!
Reply Quote
Honestly, this one's gotta go. I can't recall a single person saying it is OK.

My questions are:
So, where's the LIGHT in Wave of LIGHT?

What it has to do with A BELL?

Why does the bell land in front of enemies instead of landing on them?

Do you REALLY wanna do this? It's such a mood breaker :/ I know, this game is not about being realistic and such. But this one is totally out of place, both for real world and the Diablo Universe -_-'
Reply Quote
I'm okay with both the bell and the pillar. I just wish it was costed better.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I have to say also, that it does not look awesome, and at best seems awkward. Especially disappointing for a for a high cost skill.

I always figured bells as more a symbol of calm, order and peace. Having one drop from the sky, then breaking it seems almost sacrilegious. Never mind that it takes up a lot of screen space.

I'd suggest having a bunch of spheres form a wall in front of you, then explode out instead. Might be boring, but at least it fits better with the description.
Reply Quote
I have no issues with the animation. I even quite like it.

From a practical view point, the wave initiates quite quickly and travels at a decent speed, so no problem with the practicalities either.

I think the Spirit cost needs to be tweaked though. Anything that's going to consume 2/3 of your resource pool and can't be used twice without feating should be alittle more...impressive.
Reply Quote
I've always said it looked too literal, and therefore silly.

It seems that every class "summons" something. It makes little sense that a giant bell will drop from the sky with pin point accuracy to crush demons a foot from your face. What's more; the monk proceeds to punch the bell, which bends and shoots Holy Light on the other side.

*long drawn out sigh*

Ridiculous. If I said it was "stupid", I'm sure I will have offended the guy or gal who worked on this animation. But really, any animation that becomes this literal about the monastic origins of the class should be scrapped for a better idea. The bell looks great, but IT DOES NOT FIT.

Please change it. Please.

PS: this wonky stuff would make the whole game feel like "cow level".
Edited by Ulrezaj on 3/14/2012 6:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]