Diablo® III

Monk's Attack Speed need to be increased?

Now that they based all characters off of attack speed. I feel as if the monk doesnt really have a tactical advantage anymore. Barbs attack speed can be the same as the monk and deal more damage. The Monks main focus is its pure speed. Now that casters start off with 1.5-1.6 attack speed i also feel like its making the monks offensive abilities even less appealing.

I feel as if the Monks attack speed should be far superior to any other class in d3. I think They need to make spirit stones and all fist weapons /monk only and +good attack speed. Just like they did to the wizard orb and WD.

You may not agree. but i love the monk but after the new patch it just feels like a defensive character...
Edited by flash on 11/10/2011 7:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
It does feel like it, didn't you read the thread i've made about ''helpers'' (abilities which profit more to a group than if you are soloing)?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Disclaimer: Do not have D3 Beta.

Question: Did you mean for monks now?

Do you believe Way of the Hundred Fists (unlocked level 21) with Blazing Fists Rune will correct this? (No idea how high crit will be to hit 3 stacks and maintain it)
Reply Quote
Now that they based all characters off of attack speed. I feel as if the monk doesnt really have a tactical advantage anymore. Barbs attack speed can be the same as the monk and deal more damage.

There was no change to monk and barb attack speed, they both can use fast or slower weapons. In fact, the unique equipment for monk, Fist weapons and Daibos, are both faster than the barbarian's unique Mighty Weapons.

11/10/2011 07:20 PMPosted by flash
Now that casters start off with 1.5-1.6 attack speed i also feel like its making the monks offensive abilities even less appealing.

Where did you come up with those numbers? Wizard and Witch Doctor both start with weapons that have 1.2 attack speed. All three classes have the same attack speed for their unique equipment but monk have one advantage: dual wield. Wizard and witch doctor can't dual wield meaning monks have a possible 15% attack speed advantage because they can dual wield.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Also keep in mind that attack speed isn't this hard-locked thing, like you have a 1.5 attack speed and everything you do happens at that speed. Skill animations still play a pretty big part in how fast you're attacking, and your attack speed is basically a multiplier on how fast that animation plays. As far as I've been able to tell, baring Disintegrate, Fists of Thunder is the fastest attack is the Beta content.
Reply Quote
11/11/2011 09:57 PMPosted by JumpyMonkey
All three classes have the same attack speed for their unique equipment but monk have one advantage: dual wield.

Another big advantage of the Monk compared to the other classes is the third strike - a Barb's cleave or whirlwind or whatever is the same each time, but the Monk's third strike can do an absurd amount of AoE damage in the right settings. In one of Blizzard's videos, Exploding Palm hits nicely on a third hit and splatters 10 nearby mobs at the same time, all while generating spirit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]