Diablo® III

Offensive Inner Sanctum

It has been a thought on my mind for a while.

Inner Sanctum:
Create a circle of protection on the ground for 8 seconds that cannot be passed by enemies.

Can it be used offensivly? For example, you surround an ennemy with Inner Sanctum and he can't leave the circle until it expire? If yes, this could be an awesome spell to use with DHs, WDs and Wizards.

Can any beta tester confirm or deny it before I overload myself with strats includint it?
Reply Quote
Enemies are pushed out of the circle.
Reply Quote
11/14/2011 03:16 PMPosted by JumpyMonkey
Enemies are pushed out of the circle.

^ This. They're technically feared until they're outside of the circle.
Reply Quote
View profile
I honestly can't imagine ever using it, myself. =/
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Crimson rune causes it to deal 170% weapon damage, and although thats not nearly as efficient as WoL(wave of light), consider that it does not have a cooldown.
I am personally dying to try it out, both teamed up with a Ranged Class, and on my own while using Deadly Reach. I'll be able to hit monsters but they wont be able to hit me!
Reply Quote
11/14/2011 08:42 PMPosted by BaalMangler
I honestly can't imagine ever using it, myself. =/

this is answered by that

Crimson rune causes it to deal 170% weapon damage, and although thats not nearly as efficient as WoL(wave of light), consider that it does not have a cooldown.
I am personally dying to try it out, both teamed up with a Ranged Class, and on my own while using Deadly Reach. I'll be able to hit monsters but they wont be able to hit me!

Ranged and caster might be able to attack you. Only melees won't be able, that's how i see it working.
Edited by DominiEra on 11/16/2011 1:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/16/2011 10:51 AMPosted by DominiEra
Ranged and caster might be able to attack you. Only melees won't be able, that's how i see it working.

Yeah, that's how it works. It's not like putting up a pillar that monsters have to run around to get back into LoS. It's more like a line they can't step over.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/16/2011 11:47 AMPosted by Fish
I'd have to agree that inner sanctum is very lackluster. The only benefit I see to using this is by putting the healing rune in it.

Even then, you're having to stand still and it has a really short duration. 8 Seconds of 200 hp/s for 80 spirit? That's pretty awful if you ask me. BoH heals more, for less spirit, instantly. Obsidian is probably the only Rune of actual value to use in IS.
Reply Quote
11/16/2011 11:47 AMPosted by Fish
I'd have to agree that inner sanctum is very lackluster. The only benefit I see to using this is by putting the healing rune in it.

Sorry on my side, i never intended to say it sucked or it was super good. It is a spell that is is good and bad side. Check my editing of the post.

Pros:
-Seems to be oriented for co-op games
-When solo, good for a littler break if you want to change skills (a possible use of it)

Cons:
-Doesnt help versus ranged/casters
-As less uses in solo then co-op games
Edited by DominiEra on 11/16/2011 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
It may not be as obviously fantastic as other spells. But i'd like to hope all spells will be useful in the right build if the player knows what their doing.
but i think a lot of us are thinking, for 80 spirit, is that really enough?
I don't know because i'm not in the beta but here's some ideas for improvement if needs be.

Reduce spirit cost. -Obviously this would help.
Increase its size. -So its easier to make use of the advantage it gives you, especially if multiple players are staying inside the area to keep out of melee.
Make one of the rune effects part of the spell by default. -I'd like to see it with the damage rune, that just seems fun.
Change one of the runes to cause the effect to follow the monk around. Maybe alabaster rune. This would have major uses in pvp for keeping melee off the monk. Too keep it from being too powerful the area of effect could shrink over time. (please no more cooldowns)
Change one of the runes to cause the effect to center on the monk every time the second strike of a spirit generator is used. -again this would allow the monk to keep melee off him while staying mobile, but without being too powerfull.

Maybe its good enough as it is. Its certainly a unique spell so who knows what its capable of. I just thought i'd share some ideas that might make it better anyway.
Reply Quote
It may not be as obviously fantastic as other spells. But i'd like to hope all spells will be useful in the right build if the player knows what their doing.
but i think a lot of us are thinking, for 80 spirit, is that really enough?
I don't know because i'm not in the beta but here's some ideas for improvement if needs be.

Reduce spirit cost. -Obviously this would help.
Increase its size. -So its easier to make use of the advantage it gives you, especially if multiple players are staying inside the area to keep out of melee.
Make one of the rune effects part of the spell by default. -I'd like to see it with the damage rune, that just seems fun.
Change one of the runes to cause the effect to follow the monk around. Maybe alabaster rune. This would have major uses in pvp for keeping melee off the monk. Too keep it from being too powerful the area of effect could shrink over time. (please no more cooldowns)
Change one of the runes to cause the effect to center on the monk every time the second strike of a spirit generator is used. -again this would allow the monk to keep melee off him while staying mobile, but without being too powerfull.

Maybe its good enough as it is. Its certainly a unique spell so who knows what its capable of. I just thought i'd share some ideas that might make it better anyway.

I like the bolded part, a really good idea. Not has OP as the one before it, but it would still need a nerf like it can only be done 1 time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]