Diablo® III

Follower Questions/Comments

85 Goblin Warlock
I'm guessing based on D2, the followers will not have human control, this aside the skill system seems a little to complex for the followers to use the spells at the right time. A good example is the control effects such as Dirty Fighting or Disorient. It's rather difficult for the follower to know you want that pack CCed for a second so you can wait for your cool downs to be up or that the pack of mobs have a meteor coming to their face shortly.

Another thing to note is the Templar's regen buffs are all non-scaling numbers. So, I'm having difficulties seeing non-scaling numbers to become beneficial in the later difficulties in comparison to a percentage.

The third curious note is that the followers are not given their abilities at the same level. So the templar will have 3 abilities before the enchantress receives 1. Seems a bit off in that respect.

Any thoughts on those points?

A possible suggestion to make these followers more awesome would be to implement the rune system with their abilities as well. Assuming we give them weapons to use it would essentially be in the same light.
Reply Quote
11/17/2011 07:02 AMPosted by Surandra
The third curious note is that the followers are not given their abilities at the same level. So the templar will have 3 abilities before the enchantress receives 1. Seems a bit off in that respect.

That probably has to do with the point in the game where you can get each follower. The Templar is obviously the first one you encounter as seen in the Beta. From this information we can conclude that the Scoundrel is second and the Enchantress is third encountered.
Reply Quote
Agree with Hax. You will probably recieve 1 each act except for the last (Just like in D2).

Always was disappointed you couldn't have angel mercs in D2. I was so stoked for it entering Act 4 and seeing Tyrael there.
Reply Quote
The followers do look pretty awesome. At the risk of sounding like whining, it would be cool if there were more of them so that it would be easier to find one that suits your play style. That being said, i plan on being very happy with and addicted to this game...
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure there will be a new follower when they introduce an expansion. ;)
Reply Quote
Your going to be playing with the Ai of a follower for a long time. Its more your job to know what its going to do then think that the ai can read you
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]