Diablo® III

A checkbox for PvP games

Bashiok.... i'z confused
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
11/18/2011 08:10 PMPosted by Faceitall
I just want Blizzard to keep their options open, not for them tell "pvp guy" to shut up.

how many times have you listened to the interview.. their options are open.. but the tail of the game is pvp ..and they are determined not to let the tail wag the dog.

over and over i have said their efforts have been to put together an amazing pve game ..most of their efforts are placed on awsome pve ... and the shut up pvp guy statement is aimed at people who would leave out skill from pve that would just be way to over powered in pvp ..

Theis is a problem many games have.. and why pve can get boring .. because of all the super cool stuff you can add ..but can because it imbalances pvp ..

the design of pve games is based around everyone joining a game being expected to contribute to killing the monsters .. so every person that joins a game increase the health of the mobs and how hard they hit . in order to adjust that when someone goes hostile in a pvp game.. might take a lot more coding than bliz wants to put in pre release.

Reply Quote
56 Dwarf Paladin
bash.....???? What on earth did I just watch?
Reply Quote
It's been discussed quite a bit, but I think it was explained best in this video.<br /><br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJIxRd6UlVk<br /><br />Have a good weekend!
<br /><br />I just want Blizzard to keep their options open, not for them tell "pvp guy" to shut up.

Then re-read the lines you just now quoted. They've discussed it quite a bit, and what's more, they came into your completely redundant thread to tell you that, AND they didn't tell you to shut up. Given their well-known position of prioritizing the PvE game over PvP features, I'd say that's about as encouraging a response as you might have gotten, and you should be happy with it.

Hell, lots of people make constructive and original threads on features that are being included, and get no blue posts at all. If I were you, I'd say, "thanks for the acknowledgement, Bliz, please keep it in mind," and then let the whole thing go.
Reply Quote
So it's blizzards official policy now to respond to serious questions from the community with links to Zach Galifianakis song videos? Whats next, Rick Astley?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
11/18/2011 10:05 PMPosted by Loren
So it's blizzards official policy now to respond to serious questions from the community with links to Zach Galifianakis song videos? Whats next, Rick Astley?

no blizzards official policy when it comes to pvpers wanting to mess with the pve game in D3 is "shut up pvp guy "

more pvp content will be added after release of the game

Reply Quote
Sigh, I just don't get why they wont implement it and I am not happy about the Blizzard response though I did find humor in it. But for PvP to not have a recognition system and no ingame pvp I just see myself turning into a bot/zombie myself to gear and on my spare time I guess I would play another game instead. D2 days, when you were tired of grinding, you PvPed in a map made for PVPing though it was never fair, among friends it was very fun and if you were good then it rarely needed to be fair. Good gear is good gear in Diablo and it can really make you a god with certain builds.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
hifo .. let them get the pve game balance and tuned to be difficult and challenging ..and everything that need to work right to support it in the game ..and the game released ..then they will add more pvp content modes ..

D3 has not been given an infinite and massive budget to work with..they have to prioritize the pve game for release.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
11/18/2011 10:40 PMPosted by Mith
You clearly care nothing for the context of that statement, nor have you even watched the interview in which he said it.

right ..context .. we have a skill that is going to be awsome in pve.. pvp guy say that will screw people in pvp..response "shut up pvp guy"

interview also states that more pvp modes will be worked on after release if they feel like they fit in diablo.. and that pvp will never be the tail that wags the dog of the pve game .. so no pvp balance choice will impact pve
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Mith ..

I watched and i paid attention... you tell me the context you thought he meant that statement in ..how you interpret the interview ..its common human nature for two people too see and here the same thing ..but interpret it quite differently...

to question my interpretion you tell me what i should be hearing ..according to mith.

Reply Quote
It's been discussed quite a bit, but I think it was explained best in this video.<br /><br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJIxRd6UlVk<br /><br />Have a good weekend!
<br /><br />I just want Blizzard to keep their options open, not for them tell "pvp guy" to shut up.

pvp guy, go play pvp in the battle arena.
Reply Quote
Well put Bashiok. Alt QQ PvP guy.
Reply Quote
11/18/2011 07:42 PMPosted by Bashiok

Dude... wtf...
Reply Quote
11/19/2011 12:05 AMPosted by Mith
In short, with the system they have in place, there is no such thing as a concern over conflict of interest in balancing PvE and PvP.

I think not. If that were the case, as you have phrased it, he wouldn't have needed to make the "shut up pvp guy" comment in the first place. In the first place, the whole spreadsheet system he described would certainly aid them in keeping numerical tweaks for PvP from creating PvE imbalances, but it would be impossible to make that system prevent all possible qualitative imbalances, like Barbarians having far too many knockback abilities, or something like that.

More significantly, the pvp guy comment may also refer to larger qualitative issues such as development schedules or attempting to integrate one of the systems into the other. If they want to add a certain dueling environment, but it keeps getting pushed back by work being done on the campaign game or AH, that would fit Jay Wilson's comment. Likewise, if they try to incorporate pvp flagging into the campaign game, but find it interferes with players' campaign progress in some unexpected way, that would fit his comment as well.

Obviously, I'm guessing at scenarios that might or might not come to pass, but you really can't take the skills spreadsheet they mentioned and use it to make a sweeping conclusion that "there's no such thing as a concern over conflict of interest in balancing PvE and PvP." That is, unless you were only referring to numerical balancing when you wrote that, but didn't bother to say so.

In fact, if you listen to the interview for a few minutes past that famous quote, you'll hear Jay Wilson specifically mention things like feature sets and development resources, and how PvE must, for them, take precedence.

In short, your interpretation of the context of the quote is just that, your interpretation, and since the context suggests he was speaking more broadly than just numerical tweaks, Toyodah's comments seem quite reasonable, and it was both rude and incorrect of you to accuse him of not watching the video.
Reply Quote
11/18/2011 07:42 PMPosted by Bashiok

Gold Bashiok
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]