Diablo® III

How PvP should be Balance, for the PvE guys.

Damage isnt the problem, its the skills secondary effect like stuns, healing and defense. That's what needs to be balanced, not the gear and DPS. As long as it stays reasonable, if you can kill a full HP barbarian in under 10sec then your doing just to much damage in both PvP and PvE. The game should never be a cake walk in either situations.

PvP will be great if they balance the CC and give each class there niche(what currently they appear to be).

The Wizard should do the most damage in the game but lack good CC and Defensive abilities. The Monk should be the polar opposite and have medium/low damage in exchange for good CC and mobility, while the barbarian is somewhere in the middle as well as the Demon Hunter. Witch Doctor role i think is low burst but the best DoT as well as being able to keep people off of him with abilities like Hex and Horrify.

I think as long as these niches stay true both PvE and PvP players should be happy. Gear doesn't need to be balanced because Blizzard has stated that your matched with people with similar quality gear and optimizing your gear is apart of the skill that i think is going to be required in both PvE and PvP.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
pvpers will never be happy if they can't find some way to mess up the pvers game ..

you can change the way the cc skill act against other players reducing their effect so the pvp ganme doesn't become he who stuns first wins .. but i think damage should be left alone and healling should not be meant to ever keep up with incoming damage from other players
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Considering the cant balance classes for pvp in wow, i doubt they will do it in a game thats focus is not on pvp. I mean look at wow rogues, Possibly the best CC and Best burst damage as well as mobility, Frost mages have this as well. I dont think they will be balancing in mind of pvp.
Reply Quote
11/18/2011 06:27 PMPosted by Caletharn
Considering the cant balance classes for pvp in wow, i doubt they will do it in a game thats focus is not on pvp

You say this like WoW was built as a pvp game...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
i think the problem with this is that no matter how balanced stuff is the problem is that if someone gets killed by someone else, their class is the problem not their skill...obviously, so it get sbrought up as a complain ont he forums ;)
Reply Quote
No, the problem becomes when thousands of people are saying the same skill is OP. Maybe the Witch Doctor has a spell that stuns and deals a dot or something that makes it so every other class cant even fight them.

People will always try to exploit something of course, but exploiting fair spells is fine
Reply Quote
Yeah I hope blizzard doesn't respond to the QQ and instead have a monitoring system that logs thing in like Damage and Wins per class so they can see what's happening cause if they see that Demon Hunters as a community have a 80% win chance they know they should inspect the class.

I never played WoW but i'm pretty sure its incomparable. D3 doesn't have archetypes there is no tank or rogue and all the classes have access to the same items, no plate restrictions or cloth only characters. The best armor in the game could be the same for both the Barbarian and the Witch doctor but the difference is in how they socket it.

All characters are able to solo any act because they have enough DPS and tank ability. In the end there shouldnt be a need for much balancing because all the characters can do the same thing in there own playstyle. Monks shouldn't need alot of damage because of there ability to CC and outlast while Wizards shouldn't need much CC because of Teleport and the DPS they can pump.
Reply Quote
"Shut up PvP guy"
Reply Quote
11/18/2011 07:25 PMPosted by Budsmcdanky
"Shut up PvP guy"

Sometime we need to be harsh with them if they want to understand.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
i agree with the shut up pvp guy as jay used it .. but like any catchy phrase it gets used wrong ..

aka most skills are really great for pve .. but it will be kind of easy to put really silly op builds together for pvp.. but in the end there will be a lot of really silly op builds .. and the only way to mitigate them ..is turtle power arena combat .. like the game has ..

have two groups of four players stick together and wtf own each other for 10 minutes at a time ..there are many other pvp systems that can be added but that will be over time and after people get use to the imbalanced nature of the game

Reply Quote
I just want the PvE scene to have a better argument against PvP balancing then because Blizzard said, Cause , and It wrecked WoW. WoW has classes and archetypes. In D3 we have 5 Champions and everyone has access to 95% of the same gear.

PvE community to understand that there is a large minority that want this game to not just be a gear grind. We want more than just 1 dimension. Everyone that does PvP will enjoy the PvE aspect of the game, we don't want it ruined as much as you do. We also want PvP and we want it done well, period. I personly only want the 1 PvP game mode because in the end it's the most pure version of PvP and i like that.

Now please stop trolling my post saying things like
11/18/2011 07:25 PMPosted by Budsmcdanky
"Shut up PvP guy"

I cant counter this argument. it just makes me mad brah. Tell me your counter statement.

Could you guys stay on topic, this thread is pretty much finished because no ones going to read past that dumb sh1t you just posted, and DominiEra you've pretty much trolled ever post i've put up, and you yourself haven't put up one useful bit of information.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3595671199
You contradict me and then use 300% damage reduction as a justification of why it reduces to much damage, thats a !@#$ ton of Damage reduction and the build you stated has a total of 200% reduction and half of it is while using a 20 spirit per second skill and another skill that has a 30sec cooldown as well as requiring you to stand in a little circle that no enemys can enter. Also that build cant last more then 15sec and it's all time you cannot be attacking so there goes 50% damage reduction from crippling wave, Oh and you cant really use Inner Sanctum and Tempest Rush together unless you run in a tight circle motion. DominiEra get off the forum you got a bad attitude son.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
You're already crying for balance when you could not have have even experienced a fraction of the PvP that Blizzard has internally. Also, it's not going to be balance for PvP, but then again, neither was Diablo II really, and everyone loved that, so, deal with it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
batista .. please understand that we want the game released .. and most of us understand that there will be more pvp modes added after the game gets released ..but as d3 is being released as a pve focused game..almost all resourses are poured into pve balance and tuning.

when the game gets release and people are Playing arenas at different levels and at 60 in their top pve gear.. bliz will have a much better understanding of what to do to balance pvp without abusing pve ..

but the pvpers will just have to wait 4 months or more after release for more pvp content
Reply Quote
K, everyone needs to forget about WoW. WoW has nothing to do with Diablo, WoW is basicaly a Turn Based (Global Cooldown) RPG with Archetypes, Diablo is an Action RPG with Champions. PvE will never require a Raid team or a tank or a healer, the PvE is incredibly shallow and unskillful(I never said it wasn't fun tho), all Balancing will do is increase/decrease the amount of time it takes to beat something in PvE, not the if .
Edited by Batista on 11/18/2011 10:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
11/18/2011 10:42 PMPosted by Mith
They already have the understanding of how to balance PvP without affecting PvE. There is a system already in place for that purpose. I suggest you watch the interview and actually pay attention.

there will be minor changes to how stuns snasres and other cc's work in pvp over pve.. but the damage and healing will not be effected at this point ..

Please forgive me if i figure they want to see how the players play the arenas at 60 in mass ..before they do any more balancing for pvp than that ..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]