Diablo® III

Will rare/champs be challenging unlike D2?

If you're going to make them have better loot than bosses, then make them challenging.

I'm not looking forward to grinding a bunch of pathetically weak mobs. Boss runs gave me a challenge, give me a challenge with these rare/champs if they are going to be so great for loot.
It'd be nice to have unique ones too, as in not just a different color unit with one additional ability
Edited by Raseru on 11/22/2011 3:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
The main difference between what feels like a grind and what doesn't is how much the game requires you to focus. If you get really strong and just run around killing everything and it's so easy that you find your self watching TV or something because the game doesn't require you to focus much then the game feels like a big grind. I'm worried that without the focus on bosses whether the next best thing will require me to actually try.

Like when I faced mephisto in D2 with my low res sorc, I had fun, mephisto would cast chain lightning at me and I couldn't run out of it in time so I would swap to teleport and teleport outside of the volley of damage coming right out me.

Will rare/champs have this kind of element?
Reply Quote
No, you're going to push them over like they were nothing.

Isn't it obvious?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)