Diablo® III

I understand char wipes

- Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
but why does realid keep getting wiped? :\ i don't memorize peoples emails half the timei have to dig through an address book to add people again. and they don't even notice the add request for 2 days on top of it cause the notification system for pending add requests isn't intuitive enough. :(
Reply Quote
13 Blood Elf Rogue
Oh you poor thing. I'm sure everyone who didn't get into the beta is shedding a silent tear for your realid list.
Reply Quote
Zerkovik that seems a little uncalled for. Omegal does make a valid point.

But maybe in order for a full clear they do need to clear that friend list data as well. As for notices, maybe they didn't bother since they are in a rush to complete the beta for an early Q1 2012 release.

My suggestion is, make a notepad .txt file with a list of your friend contacts for the meantime.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
I guess lots of people adding realID friends at once is getting stress tested too.
Reply Quote
It is a beta after all, blizzard gave you a chance to play the beta. With a Beta anything can happen, when they wipe characters it is for the good. The are able to do whatever to the beta as it is a beta. Beta means you are privileged to partake in it and also means that the beta can be wiped at random. The fact they give notice is very nice of them since they do not have to since it is a beta. The beta is a beta for a reason, beta means stuff comes up and when your in a beta it means characters can be wiped. Beta this beta that remember you are in a beta.
Reply Quote
11/18/2011 02:22 PMPosted by Kinetic
It is a beta after all, blizzard gave you a chance to play the beta. With a Beta anything can happen, when they wipe characters it is for the good. The are able to do whatever to the beta as it is a beta. Beta means you are privileged to partake in it and also means that the beta can be wiped at random. The fact they give notice is very nice of them since they do not have to since it is a beta. The beta is a beta for a reason, beta means stuff comes up and when your in a beta it means characters can be wiped. Beta this beta that remember you are in a beta.

you said beta 14 times lol
Reply Quote
11/18/2011 02:37 PMPosted by James
you said beta 14 times lol

Lol was trying to prove a point, thanks for catching it =)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
The beta is on it's own version of Battle.net, call it Beta Battle.Net. That includes the RealId information. When it's wiped, they restore it from a backup, and so anyone you added since that backup was made is lost.
Reply Quote
11/18/2011 02:08 PMPosted by Moogle
Zerkovik that seems a little uncalled for. Omegal does make a valid point.<br /><br />But maybe in order for a full clear they do need to clear that friend list data as well. As for notices, maybe they didn't bother since they are in a rush to complete the beta for an early Q1 2012 release.<br /><br />My suggestion is, make a notepad .txt file with a list of your friend contacts for the meantime.
<br /><br />No, Zerkovik is absolutely correct. Omegal makes no valid point at all. Moogle, you sound like a crazed maniac. Go take your atypical antipsychotic medication. Should get rid of those positive symptoms of your madness.
Edited by Dethop on 11/18/2011 11:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
It's because the data in the servers is not true data. When you are on the Beta you are not able to communicate with the rest of the people on your real ID playing WoW or StarCraft are you?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]