Diablo® III

Diablo III Suggestion POTS

It is very annoying when you die and you have tons of pots left and haven't used any for some reason.
Could the developer team take in consideration a option where in PVM(Player vs. Monster) when you are low health the health potion triggers its self.

I appreciated your attention!
Thanks for the BETA.
Reply Quote
Astonishing, worst idea ever. Before posting please think of the ramifications of such a mechanic. Just think it through.
Reply Quote
11/18/2011 11:20 PMPosted by Dethop
Astonishing, worst idea ever. Before posting please think of the ramifications of such a mechanic. Just think it through.

Did you play the game yet?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
OK, I have a question as I am not in the beta are you not able to build a macro that you can tie into an ability that will auto trigger a potion for you.

IE:
/use Random Ability X
/Variable (IF(HP=30%)Use Item PotionQ)
Reply Quote
11/18/2011 11:26 PMPosted by Druwin
OK, I have a question as I am not in the beta are you not able to build a macro that you can tie into an ability that will auto trigger a potion for you. <br /><br />IE:<br />/use Random Ability X<br />/Variable (IF(HP=30%)Use Item PotionQ)

So far we didn't get any console commands that powerful.
Matter of fact is the commands i am aware of are chat related.
Reply Quote
Is it so hard to push the 5 key when you get wounded? The whole point of potions is that the player decides when and if to use them.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
so most play throughs i have seen the people have potions on thier hot bar so if they get low they quickly hit it... i know they upped the difficulty .. but learmning to save yourself is part of playing the game ..

Reply Quote
11/18/2011 11:45 PMPosted by Toyodah
so most play throughs i have seen the people have potions on thier hot bar so if they get low they quickly hit it... i know they upped the difficulty .. but learmning to save yourself is part of playing the game ..<br /><br />

Well is so much faster then WOW, and when you get attacked by 30 mobs at a time, archers from far, mele from close, is sort of difficult to build your exit strategy and and hit the pot button.

Now were not playing with level 85 paladins where you can one hit stuff all day long, we talking about 30 mobs against level 9, where it takes about 3-4 hits per monster.
Reply Quote
Welcome to Diablo. No, you aren't getting an auto-potion option, but thank you for your suggestion.
Reply Quote
11/19/2011 12:05 AMPosted by SpinDrJr
Welcome to Diablo. No, you aren't getting an auto-potion option, but thank you for your suggestion.

OK, Mr. Fake Veteran :)
Reply Quote
11/19/2011 12:25 AMPosted by Maedhros
You even talking about an option like this points to you = diablo noob...

You even play D2? Because i haven't dueled in a while, kinda bored on non-ladder...
Reply Quote
Auto-potion deters from the intended gameplay. Survival is one of the key factors of this game. This means you have to pay attention to what's going on, including your own vitals (whether it be health or resource amounts). I'm sure this has been brought up in the meetings at some point, and more than likely it was voted against. Just speculation, nothing proven.
Reply Quote
Really? It took this many posts for people to realize that it was a joke? Nobody is dying in beta lol. It's a joke because you have all these pots and you really never have to use them because the game is so easy.

Trolled hard.
Reply Quote
This is a very bad idea. If there is such a list of features that plays the game for you, this is on the second line of that list. Below "bots".
Reply Quote
11/19/2011 12:57 AMPosted by Gosu
Really? It took this many posts for people to realize that it was a joke? Nobody is dying in beta lol. It's a joke because you have all these pots and you really never have to use them because the game is so easy.<br /><br />Trolled hard.

You would be surprised by how many people die in the beta. First timers, careless people, people who want to test their survival limits, very casual people etc.

Not everyone is a troll.
Reply Quote
Using the same logic we should be able to type /win in the chat and complete the game.
Reply Quote
worst idea ever...

You shouldn't use the autopotion hack on diablo 2 either.

TIP: Don't run into a million monsters unprepared you'll die well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]