Diablo® III

RMAH makes Blizzard money - WHO CARES

90 Human Paladin
So what? Some people seem to think that realizing Blizzard will be making bank from the RMAH's income is a revelation. Yes, they'll make money, lots of it. The company has been making games for years on end and yes, it's well known they're cash cow is slowly dying off (emphasis on slowly, 7 years?!). Many of us have payed for WoW month after month because we LOVE the game. Blizzard delivers a quality product and they deserve to be compensated! And in-fact, they donate tons of money to charity and even give back to the community by hosting large-scale gaming events with cash prizes! They've created a community and they've always treated it right. So what is the problem with them implementing an OPTIONAL system that generates income? Support the great things that Blizzard does and stop assuming them to be some greedy, selfish corporation.

THE CAKE IS NOT A LIE.
Reply Quote
at softcore max level, those willing to spend the most will get the best gear the fastest.

Who cares? Not like it impacts my enjoyment of the game, and I'll be playing HC anyways.

I would much rather have an optional, softcore only RMAH as the mode of profit for Blizzard, than have EVERYONE pay 10-15$ a month.
Reply Quote
62 Night Elf Hunter
I CARE

I will personally be using the RMAH as much as possible to guarantee Blizzard gets my support and more money!

But really, I agree, and see no reason for the complaints with the RMAH. There are really almost no negatives to it at all.

- People have always and STILL buy D2 items with real money. Nothing new. But now you can do so without the fear of having accounts/money stolen.
- Do you like massive flooding with spam bots? Me neither. Oh hey, no need for that now.
- Blizzard can make money on a game with absolutely no subscription cost, which leads into a benefit for players in that Blizzard can afford to actively regulate, update, improve, etc. D3. (Ever wonder why Blizzard doesn't seem to care much about those areas with D2 for the longest time? Probably cuz it's not making them money anymore.)
- You can make money on a game with absolutely no subscription cost. How is being able to profit from a game you play for fun a bad thing? Even if it's only casually, and you make back the money you paid for the game.. HEY, free D3.

People act as if buying gear in a Diablo game is a new concept here.. or that it even matters in a non-esports for fun sort of game. If someone wants to kill a large amount of their fun/replayability/wallet.. let them. They always have anyway.

And yes, Blizzard getting money is NOT a bad thing, especially if you expect them to maintain a good game.
Edited by Primalspirit on 11/21/2011 9:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't care if Blizz h4xx0rz all my monies. That way they can keep making epic games. TAKE MY MONEY BLIZZ!
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 1/4/2012 12:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/21/2011 09:27 PMPosted by Erno
So what? Some people seem to think that realizing Blizzard will be making bank from the RMAH's income is a revelation. Yes, they'll make money, lots of it. The company has been making games for years on end and yes, it's well known they're cash cow is slowly dying off (emphasis on slowly, 7 years?!). Many of us have payed for WoW month after month because we LOVE the game. Blizzard delivers a quality product and they deserve to be compensated! And in-fact, they donate tons of money to charity and even give back to the community by hosting large-scale gaming events with cash prizes! They've created a community and they've always treated it right. So what is the problem with them implementing an OPTIONAL system that generates income? Support the great things that Blizzard does and stop assuming them to be some greedy, selfish corporation.<br /><br />THE CAKE IS NOT A LIE.

The issue is more about:

- With BLizzard profiting comes the motive to interfere with the market to skew things in their favour. Via increasing AH fees for example, or manipulating the supply of items.

- It changes the loot game from "who is luckiest/best/willing to invest the most time win" to "who has the most Wallet Find wins".
Reply Quote
i hope rmah gives blizzard incentive to create expansions packs to keep Diablo 3 going long after the original game release.

It is in their best interest as well, because rmah will make them $$

It will do them no good if people stop playing diablo 3 after completing the game after a few replays on different difficulties and getting bored with it.

rather than pay to play, i rather rmah be the mechanism/incentive for blizzard to make expansions for this game.

the way i see it, RMAH is a tax on the rich to help support the game get more updates, preferably an expansion pack upgrade.

Heck their rich, money is nothing to them. In fact i may be selling some of my spare loot to those rich people on AH which would be good for me as well as blizzard.

So it's a win win all around.

PS: star i see where you are coming from and i sympathize. But the way i see it, they are spoiling their own fun. It's more fun playing the game and earning the gear and having a sense of achievement. Money doesn't get you that.

Besides, hardcore mode is a level playing field as RMAH is not applicable for the epic mode of them all. So if you are serious about making the game all about skill and effort, then work toward hardcore mode.

Me personally i don't like HC, and i don't let people buying their gear bother me in the least. If they want to waste their money and ruin their own fun, that is their own business.

Anyway, from what i understand, the arena only pairs people with others with roughly a similar gear score. So it won't be too unfair as people will be roughly matched and it all comes down to skill.
Edited by Moogle on 11/22/2011 12:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
61 Orc Rogue
I love the idea of RMAH, of course ill only purchase magic find peaces I need then find the better stuff myself, then sell it for more RM!!! Bling, blizzard is going to pay my rent.
Reply Quote
I agree with OP!!! Let Blizzard get their money only as long as their methods don't take away from my enjoyment of their Games. Let them get all the money to make Diablo 3 amazing and Diablo 4 to be 10000xs better. Keep up the good work Blizz!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
the more money they got, the more game they gona make , so i dont see why not?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So what? Some people seem to think that realizing Blizzard will be making bank from the RMAH's income is a revelation. Yes, they'll make money, lots of it. The company has been making games for years on end and yes, it's well known they're cash cow is slowly dying off (emphasis on slowly, 7 years?!). Many of us have payed for WoW month after month because we LOVE the game. Blizzard delivers a quality product and they deserve to be compensated! And in-fact, they donate tons of money to charity and even give back to the community by hosting large-scale gaming events with cash prizes! They've created a community and they've always treated it right. So what is the problem with them implementing an OPTIONAL system that generates income? Support the great things that Blizzard does and stop assuming them to be some greedy, selfish corporation.<br /><br />THE CAKE IS NOT A LIE.
<br /><br />The issue is more about:<br /><br />- With BLizzard profiting comes the motive to interfere with the market to skew things in their favour. Via increasing AH fees for example, or manipulating the supply of items.<br /><br />- It changes the loot game from "who is luckiest/best/willing to invest the most time win" to "who has the most Wallet Find wins".

Point 1: Yes there is motive for greed, but as my original opinion conveys, I don't perceive Blizzard as a greedy company because they don't act as one. I've always trusted Blizzard because they've been a reliable company with EXCELLENT customer service *coughcough* Verizon *coughcough* Dell *coughcough* BestBuy (Sense any disdain?). The St. Judes auction charity is just one example of the company giving back. And from what I understand from the articles I've read, the only fee out of the 3 auction house fee's that are based on a percentage (and therefore, liable to manipulation) is the paypal conversion fee. The listing and sales fee's are both fixed.

Point 2: Yes this is a possibility (and perhaps a probability). But aren't the people selling the epic loots really the one's with the first access to it?... People will be farming gold too, and the gold auction house will still have great presence within the economy as a whole. Not to mention the fact that this market is not new to the series, it's simply being streamlined into a safe environment within the game itself (as opposed to ebay, or third-party sites).

I appreciate your arguments! I feel a lot of these points are still up in the air in ways, and I do not claim to have all the answers, but constructive conversation needs to take place!

EDIT: grammar :P
Edited by Erno on 11/23/2011 9:17 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]