Diablo® III

Will anyone else get annoyed if MW3 beats D3

Console sales won't be on the first day sales.
Edited by Cyro on 11/23/2011 2:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/23/2011 12:50 PMPosted by BisonWeapon
D3 will out sell MW3 on PC. Since like 4% or less of MW3's total sales were for PC/Wii. But total sales D3 will not even come close. I know what you are feeling, a game with this much polish and NEW content. Also its considerably different from the last one will get owned by basically glorified DLC. It's a shame. But that's what the sheeple want. I dont think D3 will even come close to Skyrim's numbers, because its not first person and its not on a console.

Aside from art assets, and an out of game AH system... what is innovative, new or original about D3 that separates it from "MW3 just being a DLC of previous versions"?

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand CoD games and I love Diablo... but don't be naive. There is very little about D3 that is new or groundbreaking, just like there's nothing new or groundbreaking between CoD titles. Do you see the pattern? Because they aren't reinventing the wheel is why it will do so good, and is why CoD has seen continued success. But if you boil it down in regards to the context you wanted to put it in, D3 really isn't much different.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Diablo 3 will break the market world and break every record out there.

thats my personal guess on it.
Reply Quote
11/23/2011 01:36 PMPosted by DarkGollumQC
True. And that doesn't mean they start making it that they will release it... Remember Starcraft Ghost?

11/23/2011 01:32 PMPosted by collinc
Did you even read the article you linked? It specifically says they're exploring options with it. That does not mean they're making it, I assure you. Do I think they will make it? Yes. But that's not confirmation of anything.

I misstated what I meant to say. Clearly there is not evidence to suggest that the game will ever come out on console, I meant to say that something (even if its just exploration) is being done on that front.
Edited by ZeroGhosT on 11/23/2011 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/23/2011 01:47 PMPosted by Jman
For whatever reason, people love buying the same CoD game every year. However, in a few years, they will burn themselves out and the franchise will crumble like Guitar Hero.

Back when I was a teenage fanboi, I thought WaW and MW2 were the greatest thing since sliced bread. Hundreds of hours spent playing multiplayer, which was incredibly fun. This past week, I tried out MW3 at my buddy's house. I put it down after 10 minutes, in disgust. The fact that they are using the same engine is one thing, but the fact that graphically and stylistically the game is almost a carbon copy... I just could not take it.

That it runs at 60fps compared to BF3 30 fps is fantastic, but I actually liked it. the difference betweem bf2 and bf3 graphically, stylistically, gamepla-wise, multiplayer: collosal. The difference between MW2 and MW3: minimal.

If people keep shoveling their money over to them, thats fine, theyll keep getting the same stuff in return.
Reply Quote
in US? maybe, in Europe? not a chance... they like their FPS too much.

now if it was a Diablo based FPS, where you ran around first person throwing spells and swinging swords and shooting arrows, they might buy into that.

skyablo!!
Reply Quote
11/23/2011 01:41 PMPosted by Skyfire
Aside from art assets, and an out of game AH system... what is innovative, new or original about D3 that separates it from "MW3 just being a DLC of previous versions"?

Well lets see: completely new story line, 4 (5?) completely new classes, every class uses a different resource, banner system, arena, new zones, hot bar for 7 items, dyes, removal of skill points, new physics engine, and the rune system. There are more but i think that's enough for now.

The differences between D2/D3 are night and day when compared to COD4:MW/MW2/MW3 don't even think i should be arguing this its so obvious.

I still think MW3 is using the same modified Quake engine that they used in COD4:MW, I could be wrong though.
Edited by BisonWeapon on 11/23/2011 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Console version is irrelevant, the OP asked about first day sales, they're building the console version from the ground up, not a port, and they don't even have the whole team yet or have announced they're going ahead with it, and the PC version is almost done, so while it's likely to happen, they wont be released simultaneously so MW3 has the edge.
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 won't beat MW3 in total sales if you count all versions. Since Diablo 3 is only being released on the PC, currently, it'll still give MW3 a run for its money.

It'll beat it in PC sales and won't be too far off in total sales.
Reply Quote
11/23/2011 12:48 PMPosted by ZeroGhosT
D3 is PC only.
<br /><br />it is being ported to consoles (360/ps3), Blizzard has already hired a team for it.

It still makes me laugh pretty hard when i hear this...
Reply Quote
They said port is a four letter word.
Reply Quote
11/23/2011 03:03 PMPosted by canon
Diablo 3 won't beat MW3 in total sales if you count all versions. Since Diablo 3 is only being released on the PC, currently, it'll still give MW3 a run for its money.<br /><br />It'll beat it in PC sales and won't be too far off in total sales.

I sure hope so, i cant wait to have millions of fellow D3 players to commune with.

11/23/2011 02:51 PMPosted by Icey
Console version is irrelevant, the OP asked about first day sales, they're building the console version from the ground up, not a port, and they don't even have the whole team yet or have announced they're going ahead with it, and the PC version is almost done, so while it's likely to happen, they wont be released simultaneously so MW3 has the edge.

True, i did ask for first day sales.. although now im quite unsure if it was first day sales or first week sales that MW3 got 6mill sales or w/e, regardless I wish Diablo gets Blizzard the revenue they deserve for an awesome franchise continuation. So much hate is going towards certain changes blizz has made to D3, I'm just happy ill be playing a unique game in the same fantastic universe.
Thanks for everyones feedback.
Reply Quote
There's no way in hell D3 will beat MW3 in first day sales.

Use your brain. MW3 has a huge presence on PS3, and Xbox 360 as well as PC while D3 is PC exclusive.

Reply Quote
11/23/2011 03:52 PMPosted by Collateral
There's no way in hell D3 will beat MW3 in first day sales. <br /><br />Use your brain. MW3 has a huge presence on PS3, and Xbox 360 as well as PC while D3 is PC exclusive. <br /><br />

Yeah... but its Diablo
Reply Quote
11/23/2011 01:52 PMPosted by ZeroGhosT
For whatever reason, people love buying the same CoD game every year. However, in a few years, they will burn themselves out and the franchise will crumble like Guitar Hero.
<br /><br />Back when I was a teenage fanboi, I thought WaW and MW2 were the greatest thing since sliced bread. Hundreds of hours spent playing multiplayer, which was incredibly fun. This past week, I tried out MW3 at my buddy's house. I put it down after 10 minutes, in disgust. The fact that they are using the same engine is one thing, but the fact that graphically and stylistically the game is almost a carbon copy... I just could not take it.<br /><br />That it runs at 60fps compared to BF3 30 fps is fantastic, but I actually liked it. the difference betweem bf2 and bf3 graphically, stylistically, gamepla-wise, multiplayer: collosal. The difference between MW2 and MW3: minimal.<br /><br />If people keep shoveling their money over to them, thats fine, theyll keep getting the same stuff in return.
Aren't there going to be 2 more Starcraft II releases? I can't imagine there will be any significant change, but people will buy it. I happen to enjoy the campaign mode of the MWs. The stories are captivating, especially when you're faded, and that's why people keep buying them. There isn't much to improve upon when you're shelling out games year after year besides slight tweaks.

ITT: Rage vs MW.
Reply Quote
Not at all, I won't care about anything but playing D3 if it was released.
Reply Quote
D3 will easily beat MW3 in PC sales, because MW3 is not only a direct garbage port from the console version, it's a horrible recycled mess of a game and the only people who are playing are xbox live kiddies.
Reply Quote
11/24/2011 01:29 AMPosted by PDUB
D3 will easily beat MW3 in PC sales, because MW3 is not only a direct garbage port from the console version, it's a horrible recycled mess of a game and the only people who are playing are xbox live kiddies.

pretty much sums it up
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]