Diablo® III

Bug ended up resulting in being banned.

It's sort of similar to this bug: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3595670554

but it works it the opposite way, I am kind of having a hard time understanding it but it made my post have about 100+ or so break lines in it, which is like making a post where you're holding enter for about 30 seconds.

A moderator saw my post and assumed that I intentionally made my post like that, but I didn't. I was temp banned for "spamming/trolling" because of a bug.

I tried to email Blizzard about it but the rep that i was talking to didn't seem to show any concern or care at all on the matter, so in an effort to make extra sure that this bug is documented I've made this thread.

My operating system is Windows 7 and I am surfing with Google Chrome.

again, I didn't intentionally format my post like that, as i recall my post had only used 6 break lines, which really confused me quite a lot on why i was banned until the Blizzard rep showed me my full post's format.

the bug has something to do with the break line's code.
Reply Quote
In order for the mods to remove such an offense from your history, I would expect that you would need to reproduce it in a consistant manner along with what you are doing to cause it. If you can do this, I feel that the moderators should remove the past offense from your account.
Reply Quote
11/28/2011 12:38 PMPosted by Obelisk
In order for the mods to remove such an offense from your history, I would expect that you would need to reproduce it in a consistant manner along with what you are doing to cause it. If you can do this, I feel that the moderators should remove the past offense from your account.

I don't care about my record, they've said it won't effect my odds at getting a beta key, so with that I could care less about my record, I know that I didn't do anything wrong.

I can't really help them find the bug anymore than what I've said already, I did however ask the mod to email me if/when they decide to erase it from my record, so hopefully they do in fact email me when it happens.

if you see anyone posting massive amounts of line breaks, report the post and within that report give the link to this thread, hopefully the moderator who reads the report will be able to put 1 and 1 together.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]