Diablo® III

Troll PvP build. 92% Works, Check IT!!!!!!!!!

Well i was getting pissed off at the Wizard and Demon Hunter builds i was coming up with cause they owned and then i figured this puppy out.

I'll describe what it does before i bore you. Basically you dash in, stun, punch, stun, punch, stun punch, stun, punch, you get the idea. What makes this build different though is....lethal decoy(bet you've never even looked at it :). Now if you use Serenity w/ Crimson Rune you gain 100% of your HP if the MaxHP is similar to D2 and you can continue to F their !@#$, but if they really are just destroying you got an ace. Lethal Decoy w/ Alabaster Rune gives you a 9sec window to die and come back 2 life with 70%hp! All this build requires you to do is manage you energy wisely and you shouldn't be able to die, just shouldn't happen.
BUILD: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#idYSWb!ZdV!ZaaZaY

Ok now skill breakdown, just for fun.

Way of 100 Fists w/ Crimson:
I picked 100Fist cause it looks like it stuns them while your in the attack animation, which is great because it makes it so that your buddy can also land his shots. Add in more damage and a slight gap closer from Crimson Rune, i like it at least.

Dashing Strike w/ Alabaster:
Crazy good gap closer + 50% chance stun, must have. Spam until stun cause it will port you to their back then use 100Fist, into Lashing Kick.

Lashing Tail Kick w/ Alabaster:
As a monk we don't get many stuns and this one is a good one. Master its hit range.

Serenity w/ Crimson:
This should give you 100% of your HP back, whats not to like? Defiantly makes up for are lack of stuns.

Lethal Decoy w/ Alabaster:
Are Ace. The real "wtf thats just not fair" move. Respawning with 70%HP in a random spot after they kill you is so %^-*!@# awesome lol.

Mantra of Evasion w/ Indigo:
Not 100% sure about this mantra just because i don't know what types of damage we can evade(spells and none physical skills might still hit). Even if it evasion sucks 30% reduced CC effects is still very worth while in my opinion.

Passives
The Guardian's Path:
If we cant generate spirit we're dead. I think dual wielding is a must for every monk because of this passive. 20% spirit generation and a 10% dodge chance that i think will stack with are evasion is the essence of synergy which was a big thing in D2.

Exalted Soul:
100 more max spirit another almost required passive for the monk.

Pacifism:
same explanation as the last two; 75% reduced damage when CC'ed is to good in PVP.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading my build and take the time to leave me your thoughts. Alittle more info about me is that i played D2 for a few years; Moved too League of legends and bloodline Champions and now i'm in the Beta For Diablo 3.

Reply Quote
The Guardian's Path:
If we cant generate spirit we're dead. I think dual wielding is a must for every monk because of this passive. 20% spirit generation and a 10% dodge chance that i think will stack with are evasion is the essence of synergy which was a big thing in D2.

You should reread the description.
Reply Quote
Exalted Sould is only good at beginning. After ward, its a waste. You don't generate spirit depending on your total spirit. It's raw number (Spirit per second or Spirit per SpGs - Spirit Generators).

Also, why take the crimson with wotHF when you have dashing strike? it seems a waste to me. Maybe take Indigo or Obsidian.

FYI relying on stuns is not the best option: Barbarians have a passive which heal them for 15% of their total life when stunned. Doesn't mean you will see all barbarians with that passive (Juggernaut), but still if you rely on stuns you'll be dammed versus one who has it.

Plus, a monk spirit pool is 150. The cost of Leathal Decoy is 75. Yes it seems OP but compared to the cost it is not really worth it. You would be better relying on your skills and using an other ability than using Decoy: Alabaster (Which FYI they can destroy).

Reply Quote
11/17/2011 05:15 AMPosted by Hax
You should reread the description.

Yeah sorry it's just a phasing error i was trying to get across that Spirit is very important in my build and a 20% increase in all spirit generation (abilities,items,etc) was a very important.

11/17/2011 08:22 AMPosted by DominiEra
Exalted Sould is only good at beginning. After ward, its a waste.

It's awesome in the beginning and it also increases your maximum cap to 250. With an extra 100 spirit you can use dashing strike 8 times or the dash, kick combo 2 more times. I think the early game pressure makes this ability worthwhile.

Also, why take the crimson with wotHF when you have dashing strike? it seems a waste to me. Maybe take Indigo or Obsidian.

because I've noticed ingame that there's like a .5sec (maybe a .3sec) delay before you can attack after using the ability. The idea is that if you think the skill will hit, you will. also it helps for the second or third hit, when the stun or root ends. If you still don't like it yeah Indigo looks awesome.

FYI relying on stuns is not the best option: Barbarians have a passive which heal them for 15% of their total life when stunned. Doesn't mean you will see all barbarians with that passive (Juggernaut), but still if you rely on stuns you'll be dammed versus one who has it.

I dunno, it's from experiance when i say that stuns are great. it gives you control over your enemy; yeah a Barbarian can gain 15%HP every time hes stunned but it gives you the option to do two things.
1) Focus fire him with your buddy which should do way over 15% of his hp over 2.5seconds, I'm thinking around 40%. Plus this is all time where he cant attack you back which goes into option two.
2)Leave the F'er and go after his teammate(probably ranged squishy), you just turned the fight into a 1v2
my reasons for running stun at least, you could dish out way more damage tho without them.

Plus, a monk spirit pool is 150. The cost of Leathal Decoy is 75. Yes it seems OP but compared to the cost it is not really worth it..

Well my spirit pool is actually 250, but yeah 75 spirit is a lot.

You would be better relying on your skills and using an other ability than using Decoy: Alabaster (Which FYI they can destroy).

I didn't really see another skills that i liked, Seven Sided Strike looks better for PVE because of its cooldown and spirit cost, the i'm not going to go through all the other skills but Breath of Heaven w/Alabaster rune would be my next choice, its a strong contender.

it's just going to take skill to pace yourself and have that 75 spirit in the bank for when you need it. You should be able to tell quick if its going to be necessary, like after you use serenity once and are still losing. This build is designed around outlasting and 1v2'ing (being outmanned)

Decoy: Alabaster (Which FYI they can destroy).

Really? can i get your source on this? are you talking about the rune; can you destroy runes from combat damage or something?
Reply Quote
11/17/2011 12:29 PMPosted by Batista
Really? can i get your source on this? are you talking about the rune; can you destroy runes from combat damage or something?
No, he means the decoy itself can be destroyed. Like, the enemy runs up to it and hits it. Now you have no more safety net.
Edited by Hax on 11/17/2011 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
I dont think the decoy can be destroyed, as long as die within that 9sec period your safe. I've never had a decoy explode before that 5sec window from damage, pretty sure its invincible/nontargetable. If you wanna give me a link to your source though i'd appreciate it.
Reply Quote
I have no source, but it would be pretty OP in PvP to drop something that makes you resurrect and have no counter to it. In PvE it doesn't matter as it generates no threat.
Edited by Hax on 11/17/2011 1:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
The counter is CC'ing you so you cant use it, it's at least what was the counter in league of legends with a hero called Tryndamere/Morphling (very similar skill(League of legends & Dota reference)) and that game is built around its competitive scene. Also you could just wait till it expires 75 spirit down the drain as well as a dangerously weak Monk, this build is more of a Pubstomper but i think it'd work even in high ranking play.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]