Diablo® III

Exploding Palm's new lame animation

Posts: 1
I don't like the new animation for the Monk's exploding Palm skill. It used to be awesome with an explosion of blood but now it's just a little red flash of light. I think Blizzard ought to change it back to where it was bad !@# and gruesome looking. From what I remember from reading about the bio of the monk is that he is supposed to be violent, even laughing as he kills monster with his bare hands. I think the original animation fit perfectly with the feel of his bio. Diablo is supposed to be dark; I'm disappointed that they would change such an awesome animation for that skill. When I first saw it in a demo I was like "OMG! I HAVE TO PLAY THIS CLASS!" Then I used it in the beta and it was of no comparison.
Reply Quote
Posts: 74
Could be runes. All the skills used in the video's were runed, or at least most of them.
Reply Quote
I actually put up a post about a month or more ago about this very thing in the beta feedback forum. Unfortunately, It got really no response. If there is some way to make the animation currently change to what the B-roll video of the monk release trailer showed us via runes or something, that's fine. In its current iteration though...it's really lame comparatively.

-Manji
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
13440
Posts: 6
/Agree. I became interested in the monk initially because of this skill. The unruned animation is very lackluster, at best. If you can get the same effect with a rune that's fine, but if blizz took it out completely.....son I am disappoint.
Reply Quote
As it is, I feel that the Exploding Palm is a waste of a Spirit Generator or skill in general. It's AoE is not strong enough. The Devs keep bouncing between 30-40% and I'm thinking to myself... If I can one shot kill most of the baddies in beta using any other skill, and it only does 40% of their health, then whats the point? For example, if used on a group of skeletons, the explosion will leave the rest of the skeletons with ~60% of their life (assuming they all have the same HP). This might be useful in end-game, but as I see it right now, the AoE needs to be buffed to at least 50% to be considered useful.
Reply Quote
It is a corpse explosion effect. In the end game these effects tend to be disgustingly overpowered.
Reply Quote
Posts: 125
sinsix, why would they buff it for normal? It will be useful at higher levels...
Reply Quote
Posts: 286
I hope it's a runed effect at least, I don't see how they could take that awesome animation out if they had already programmed it in. It was really a turn on to the monk.
Reply Quote
Posts: 621
12/04/2011 11:03 PMPosted by Sinsix
As it is, I feel that the Exploding Palm is a waste of a Spirit Generator or skill in general. It's AoE is not strong enough. The Devs keep bouncing between 30-40% and I'm thinking to myself... If I can one shot kill most of the baddies in beta using any other skill, and it only does 40% of their health, then whats the point? For example, if used on a group of skeletons, the explosion will leave the rest of the skeletons with ~60% of their life (assuming they all have the same HP). This might be useful in end-game, but as I see it right now, the AoE needs to be buffed to at least 50% to be considered useful.


Same thing happened with corpse explosion in D2, but taking a percentage of a monster's health is really really good when you consider that for any skill your damage tracks linearly with your gear and stats--while if you encounter mobs with 20x more health in hell, your exploding palm will do 20x more damage. Straight up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
0
Posts: 1,844
Some of the above posters are pretty much all correct. From what I can see, Exploding Palm is a total waste of time right now in Beta(this is just guesswork, as i Have no Beta). However, when mobs start getting more health and take longer to kill, this ability wil become MUCH stronger... possibly even OP. As another poster said, Corpse Explosion and similar type abilities in D2 were posiibly the strongest abilities in the game. They are total game changers. TOTAL game changers. Right now, in beta, mobs die with 1 or 2 swings(except bosses and elites). This WILL NOT always be the case.

My problem is the change from the cool heart graphic above the heads of the mobs that Exploding Palm is on. To me, this was a gigantic bonus. It basically said to the other people in your party, "Hey! Hit ME! Right here! THis ONE!" You did so, it died and everything around get MESSED UP! Now... well now it's not nearly as useful for getting teammates focused on a target.

Sad.
Reply Quote
Posts: 2,005
I wish the attacks were faster. It seems that the atk speed for EP is a bit slow for what it should be.
Reply Quote
02/06/2012 12:59 AMPosted by Zanathos
"Hey! Hit ME! Right here! THis ONE!" You did so, it died and everything around get MESSED UP! Now... well now it's not nearly as useful for getting teammates focused on a target


I agree, and the bleed lasts 3 seconds, so it's more of a finisher instead of a DOT. I figured they would work around this skill to make it viable for targeting off the bat, and not as a finisher only.
Wish they had the awesome animation with the heart and exploding blood >.>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]