Diablo® III

Horror is gone.

I'm not complaining about this. game was great. and I having fun with BETA.
but I was expected it from D3 play.
ofc I didn't play entire of Diablo 3, but could feel generally so how it is. (sound, background-music, presentation, etc...)

Can I expect horrible things like FreshMeat, from fullversion?
Reply Quote
Horror was gone in D2. Horror is essentially unpossible when we are walking death dealing terminators, sent back in time to kill John Connor. This is the trade off. Diablo used to be about venturing in to these really dark, forboding corridors. You couldn't outrun anything, you could only swing your sword at one thing at a time, and if you got surrounded, it was frequently game over. Now it's about imbuing the player with devastating power. Giving them a diverse toolkit. The player is challenged, but nothing can overcome the feeling that comes with the impressive abilities they give us. It's a trade off, and while I will agree that the game is less scary now, it's also a great deal more fun.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I am sure the horror is not gone.
And yes, there is a rumor that ... uh.. "FreshMeat" is back.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Horror was gone in D2. Horror is essentially unpossible when we are walking death dealing terminators

this.
Reply Quote
No, because you weren't expecting to hear something like "Ahhhhh....Fresh Meat" 15 years ago. There was no horror in Diablo II either even when they blocked out the sun. It's all because you're now always expecting things like that to happen simply because they happened in the first game.
Reply Quote
The horror aspect can also have a lot to do with playing Diablo for the first time when you were young, I mean I've gone back to play Diablo recently and it definitely wasn't as scary as I remembered it to be.
Reply Quote
4 inches of red screen and a voice clip aren't exactly terrifying anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
11/19/2011 03:13 AMPosted by Krine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x38nTGcSLr4

lol
Reply Quote
11/19/2011 04:09 AMPosted by Randomed
Horror was gone in D2. Horror is essentially unpossible when we are walking death dealing terminators

11/19/2011 05:09 AMPosted by Harmless
The horror aspect can also have a lot to do with playing Diablo for the first time when you were young, I mean I've gone back to play Diablo recently and it definitely wasn't as scary as I remembered it to be.

11/19/2011 04:42 AMPosted by ArbiterOfFun
No, because you weren't expecting to hear something like "Ahhhhh....Fresh Meat" 15 years ago. There was no horror in Diablo II either even when they blocked out the sun. It's all because you're now always expecting things like that to happen simply because they happened in the first game.
Reply Quote
The horror isn't gone. Your innocence is.
Reply Quote
11/19/2011 06:55 AMPosted by MeatSandwich
The horror isn't gone. Your innocence is.

This is it. Things were scarier to you ten years ago.
Reply Quote
There was a video of Diablo III player testimonials who experienced higher difficulties. Act 1 is east, man. But once you get further, it's devastating they say. This is probably not the issue you have here. Diablo 1 was built differently.
Reply Quote
I think the horror is still there, you're just not 12 years old anymore like when you played D1 or D2. Things were scarier when you were younger.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]