Diablo® III

variable durability sucks

im not sure words are even needed to express why
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Warlock
Durability meant a lot more to me when there were indestructible and ethereal items.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
11/23/2011 11:32 PMPosted by polyester

I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you mean to say that you don't like the fact that durability is a concept in the game?
Reply Quote
Variable durability as opposed to... static... durability?
Reply Quote
11/24/2011 12:28 AMPosted by Static

I see what you did there lol.

But I agree, I don't really like the variable durability that each item spawns with. I know they think making things like this feels Diablo-esque, but doing it with durability is taking a step too far.
Reply Quote
11/24/2011 12:17 AMPosted by Speculaas
<br /><br />I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you mean to say that you don't like the fact that durability is a concept in the game?

no, i understand that durability is a necessary gold sink and theres nothing wrong with that.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/windforce

Durability: 45–55
Reply Quote
11/24/2011 12:42 AMPosted by Harmless
<br /><br />I see what you did there lol.<br /><br />But I agree, I don't really like the variable durability that each item spawns with. I know they think making things like this feels Diablo-esque, but doing it with durability is taking a step too far.
No, I wasn't trying to be clever, I was really just purely confused about what exactly his concern was. Sorry. :\
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
@Polyester

Quite simple, a weapon with 45 durability will not be "as good" as a weapon with 55 durability.
So if you're smart, you can "use" the system and sell the higher durability weapon on the AH and it will sell for more than the lowered Durability ones.

I know quite a lot of players that will say "Mine is better, it has more durability, Haha!" when... we all know... that its the "same" :P repairs more often, for less. Or less often for more.

I think its a neat feature to try and get the "perfect" item :)
Reply Quote
11/23/2011 11:32 PMPosted by polyester

This is the worse way to start a discussion >_> and random durability just adds another layer to finding that perfect item you want.
Reply Quote
I don't think it will add to the worth of an item very much to have higher durability. I am somewhat particular to when it comes to things like this (perfect stats), and I never cared in Diablo 2 if an armour base was a 15/15 (ed,durability), or just 15 ed.
Reply Quote
I think the more Variables the better. This makes the quest for the PERFECT item that much more worth while. (because we all know it's out there)

Edit: And after I am above average geared... the quest for the perfect gear begins. (the essence of Diablo fanatics)
Edited by Boogeyman on 11/24/2011 9:50 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]