Diablo® III

Damage reduced by % effects

How do these debuffs stack?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#eR!a!ca

It doesn't seem realistic that one player could drop an enemy's damage output to (0.7*0.7*0.5)=25% of normal damage.

Does only the strongest one apply?
Do they reach a cap?
Reply Quote
We don't know yet, but my guess would be there's a cap somewhere.
Reply Quote
Thats what we don't know yet since we don't have acces to the rune system yet. the only reduce damage effect which is avalaible is Resolve.

We could speculate that they could all be effective and not the strongest one overwright the others. Why? I would say it is one of the two only way to mitigate damage, the other being avoidance. But it sounds to OP!! Remember that creatures will hit harder and harder when you get further in the game. People will tend to use an avoidance build (along with One with everything for magic resist) over this. On the other hand, if the effects do not overwright each other well this build would be WAY better than the avoidance build. Avoidance being purely about %, if you dont dodge you can die while damage reduction would be about skills, applying debuff to creature before they hit you, etc.
Reply Quote
Also, you only mentioned OFFENSIVE damage reducers. There are DEFENSIVE damage reducers. Look at this build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#eRfT!a!cacc

With all of this in effect you will receive (if no overwrighting) 7.35%of the original damage! Which means, altogether, it's a total of 92.65% reduce damage!
Edited by DominiEra on 11/16/2011 10:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
As for if others stand in your Inner Sanctum, they would only receive 14.7% of original damage! Thinking about it, it would be way overpowered if we count in other reducers such has the barbarian Intimading Shout (50%)...
Reply Quote
I wouldn't call the selection I chose "offensive"... I'd say practical and reliable. I'm sure Blizzard won't have the debuffs stack like that. Monster damage can't be balanced around having a wealth of damage reduction debuffs, because that would make any build without those debuffs just plain wrong.
Reply Quote
11/16/2011 11:38 PMPosted by Camopon
I wouldn't call the selection I chose "offensive"... I'd say practical and reliable. I'm sure Blizzard won't have the debuffs stack like that. Monster damage can't be balanced around having a wealth of damage reduction debuffs, because that would make any build without those debuffs just plain wrong.

Exactly, so surely something like only the most effective is taken into account.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]