Diablo® III

New Lines not always work when editing posts

When posting a thread where you use enter to create a line of text it works alright the first time, but when editing your post it enters the raw code of the new line instead of the actual intended purpose.

for example, if I quoted this post (without the quote itself) then it would look like the following:

11/16/2011 07:06 PMPosted by Fuglypump
When posting a thread where you use enter to create a line of text it works alright the first time, but when editing your post it enters the raw code of the new line instead of the actual intended purpose.<br /><br />for example, if I quoted this post (without the quote itself) then it would look like the following:

I am browsing with on Google Chrome operating on Windows 7 32bit, if that helps at all.
Edited by Fuglypump on 11/16/2011 7:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
For some reason when editing (Quoting the first time seems to work), the WYSIWYG editor is not hiding the the line break tags "<br />". This is screwing up formatting and is only an issue for me so far while editing.

Win 7 64
FireFox 8

Edit: I guess it isnt parsing the post properly when you use the edit feature on your post.
Edited by DrakeFS on 11/17/2011 4:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
Also happening to me using chrome on win7
Reply Quote
Just experienced this myself with my post here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3595341127

Tried editing with another post I made a couple days ago with line breaks and that displayed fine. Maybe it's the "[" and "]" I made there but not sure.

Using Windows 7, Firefox 8.0.
Reply Quote
Happens to me when i edit or quote.

Windows XP, Firefox 8
Reply Quote
I'll go ahead and bump this, I've been editing it manually so far, but it really is becoming quite a hassle.
Reply Quote
It's definitely annoying, no response from support? I can't quote or edit anything without huge <br /> problems.
Reply Quote
The blues are working on it. I assume that this bug is not an easy fix or it would've been done already. It could also be that with the amount of typos and scripting errors on the site, they've been swamped getting the site ready for the traffic it's going to take when the game launches.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]