Diablo® III

Suggestion or Very Good Idea

85 Night Elf Druid
First I would like to ask a question!

Why where d3 beta keys given out on facebook? Even if it is a contest I dont think I should have to make a Facebook account just for the extra chance to get in considering I have never even used facebook!

Blizzard did a collectors edition unveiling, so why not make it axcessable on the blizzard store so others can pre order this. And by pre ordering only the collectors edition it would grant you axcess to the beta and then just wait for rest of stuff to be mailed to you.

I feel this in turn is a much better way of getting revenue for Blizzard up front, and getting a comitment from the players instead of giving away a beta key to some one who may not even buy the game!

Personally I think that would have been better. Instead I got a pre order confirmation from ebgames dated for next year all I got to do is wait!!! and i still got no chance of getting in on the beta. Would be nice but I'm not counting on it!

I remember way back in the day playing the diablo 1 demo in a computer store while looking for parts for my 486 dx2 80 mhz ! I loved the game and have done every part of it even the unoffical xpac by Activision called hellfire with the monk and the bard!! Followed up by D2 and LOD which I still play (HC ladder us west)

I hate to sound like a die hard diablo fan but I wish there where another way to get in on beta even after opt in cause I have been on that list since this whole thing started, to no avail.

But maybe it is some thing to think about pre order collectors and get in on beta! I wish lol!!!

Any way i just wanted to voice this cause I think these beta keys could have been handed out better! So now that you have gone and read this I dought it will do me any good but always keeping my fingers crossed!

I cant wait to play d3 but untill then I am stuck staring at my order confirmation form ebgames saying shipping is due to start by feb 1 2012!!!

Till next time and thanx

Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Social network marketing. How many Facebook likes do you think blizzard got because they offered extra keys through facebook? Smart use of marketing and not abusive. They still provide opt in keys, as where I got mine, so hang in there.

As for offering collectors edition beta keys, that is a slippery slope, as now you are selling the keys (but guess they did this for panda beta anyway). I was never against the idea, but I'm sure you would have more negative public reaction then a Facebook giveaway.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
at least you will get into the panda beta if you get the wow anual pass ..

anyway...2500 posts no beta ..maybe i just want the game released and such.. but not having beta doesn't bother me ..

just think the longer it takes ..the more that gets added .. the more you will have to do when you get beta.. think of the people who have maxxed their black smith several times because wipe and glitchs reduced it to 0 ..

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
The beta isnt there for fun and everyone to enjoy. It has a goal purpose and thats to be tested, enjoying it is just a bonus for the person doing the testing for them.

Secondly I would hate this as I have already pre ordered my game in store which means people who got in already have no way of getting this beta key.
Reply Quote
11/18/2011 10:14 PMPosted by Caletharn
Secondly I would hate this as I have already pre ordered my game in store which means people who got in already have no way of getting this beta key.

If you're already in the beta, why would you need another key?
Reply Quote
I got mine through Facebook, so I'm not going to complain. :S
Reply Quote
33 Dwarf Rogue
11/18/2011 09:41 PMPosted by Elmerrfudd
I dont think I should have to make a Facebook account just for the extra chance to get in considering I have never even used facebook!

Compelling argument.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I signed up for the facebook sweepstakes and I don't use facebook. The link to do this without signing up for facebook was in the faq and if you already went to facebook you could find the link for alternate signup in the Official Rules section.

As for your question about CE:

The Diablo III: Collector’s Edition will be available exclusively at retail on DVD-ROM for Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 and Macintosh. The release date, suggested retail price, and other details for this game will be announced in the months ahead.

And if they were to sell you a beta key with the CE then they wouldn't be able to control the number of people in the beta.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]