Diablo® III

Multi racial Characters?

I am tired of seeing characters that are solely black, asian or causician. I want to see more diversity in appearance, and it is also the reason why I created my Dh Auronaku, who is of dual Arreat and Khanduran descent.

Some of you may disagree with me, but think about it... Do any of you have ancestors from another racial group in your family tree? If yes, then you may realize that what I am trying to make a point here.

As people migrate across the world, their children that settled in a region will interbreed with the local people. As a result they bring new genes into the local population. Same with these who leave their homeland and bring back their child from a romance that they had in a foreign land. As a result there ought to be some diversity, like a NPC child who has a mother from Xian Sai and a father from Kurast, or a scholar with Aranoch and Ivorogod blood ties.

and if you want the full picture of multiraciality in America, here's the facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiracial
Reply Quote
I would love to see that as well, but on a much larger scale. I was hoping for the kind of deliberate Culture Chop Sueys all over the sanctuary, They kinda do that, it's more the case of these cultures are so similar or have much influence, let's mash them up together (Kurast comes to mind, a mix of Mayazincatec with some Influence from India) And in D1 Samurai armor and that Katana did turn up in Khanduras.<br /><br />But usually it's more the case of This character class represents this culture.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CultureChopSuey
Edited by FiveTwelve on 11/19/2011 8:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
My whole family is Irish. I know many people who do not have multiracial families. I'm sure it is as common as uncommon. Multi-racial relations only really exist in 1st world countries, and they are not the majority (I think).
Reply Quote
And if you think about it places in Sanctuary have seemingly Earth-like cultures that are right next to each other without one having influenced the other (Xian-sai for example is right next to where the Druids live, The Amazons living within trading distance of Aranoch and the West, and there seems to be rigid cultural boundries. And from what we've been told D3's Act II's Big Desert city IS a multi-cultural Haven.

(also the Paladin, despite being a westerner IS dark skinned, I'm sure his people HAD mixed it up with some of the people of Khanduras. The reason Zakarum is popular in the west is because of these Westmarch people)

Now I was suggesting When they introduce a Culture in this universe, make it an actual fusion of two distinct design aesthetic (aka Like Star Trek, the Klingons from that are a cultural mix of Viking and Feudal Japanese, or the Romulans which combine Ancient Rome with Modern China, Or characters from Final Fantasy, which are a mix of all sorts of cultures though claiming to be ONE)

Reply Quote
This from the same dude that was spreading that diablo 3 is a preying ground for internet predators. Not sure if troll.
Reply Quote
I'm glad that men and woman are at least represented equally in each class unlike D1 and D2. I hope if they make another Diablo that players can then choose to change the race and gender of each class. I feel like the gaming industry as a hole needs to get with the times.
Reply Quote
11/29/2011 12:11 AMPosted by DirtSpider
I'm glad that men and woman are at least represented equally in each class unlike D1 and D2. I hope if they make another Diablo that players can then choose to change the race and gender of each class. I feel like the gaming industry as a hole needs to get with the times.

>hole

hahahaha
Reply Quote
I, too, care deeply about things hidden under armor 95% of the time.
Reply Quote
11/29/2011 07:45 PMPosted by CptnWaffles

They have invisible dye? Just saying.
Reply Quote
11/29/2011 07:45 PMPosted by CptnWaffles

But each Character class has a different armor style reflective of the culture they come from.
Reply Quote
11/29/2011 11:01 PMPosted by DirtSpider

They have invisible dye? Just saying.

Do you honestly care what color your model is? They're all human colored.

11/29/2011 11:04 PMPosted by FiveTwelve

But each Character class has a different armor style reflective of the culture they come from.

They come from sanctuary, their armor style is loosely based on "concepts" of other cultures in the real world.
Reply Quote
The heroes appear in pre-rendered cut-scenes; (at least in D1 & D2 they did) so they can't be customizable, otherwise your black wizard would look asian in the cut-scene.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]