Diablo® III

Which stays entertaining longer?

PvE or PvP?

We all know what limited things we can expect from AI or scripts that are designed to be defeated in PVE, so even if it is challenging it is too predictable.

PvP is infinitely stronger in this area for various reasons.
#1 Surely everyone has noticed how popular trolling is and since we can expect PvE to be designed well and have little griefing options PvP is where the emotional assaults will reign. Lets face it, proving superiority or simply messing with others is priceless.
# 2 Nobody plays perfect and the mistakes make things more entertaining
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Is this a joke? Pretty obvious.. PvE.

PvP.
Reply Quote
PvP>>>PvE

That's my opinion and I'm not saying that PvE is bad but it'll get boring long before pvp
Reply Quote
not a joke since so many people seem to prefer PvE'ing and devs focus on PvE more too.

But i guess these same people, who make up the bulk, also tend to lack the courage and or skills to challenge others and won't PvP much if at all. :(
Reply Quote
13 Blood Elf Rogue
PVE with a little PVP on the side.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
More ppl play Diablo for the pve as it is a pve game. Pvp in diablo is just there for fun. So you will find more ppl are entertained by pve longer in Diablo.
Reply Quote
PvP, but mixed with PvE.

There's the intense gear hunting and then... there's PvPing!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I have no interest in PvP. It's just not something that has been interesting for me in anything but first person shooters. So PvE stays entertaining longer.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
PvE

If PvP is so good then where are all the PvP only action RPG games and why aren't you out playing them?
Reply Quote
Both? I think I would've gotten bored of l4d long ago if it was just the intensity of the vs. or just the mechanical teamwork of the campaign. I do both and I look forward to every time I play it with my friends.
Reply Quote
Depends on your play style, preference, and mind set.

Personally, I've almost always preferred PvE with some PvP on the side. It depends on how balanced PvP is, and how well developed the PvE is.

For D3, I'll definitely be focusing on PvE more than PvP as well.
Reply Quote
I'd normally choose PvP, but it's different for Diablo, because it's the trading and hording wealth is what really kept Diablo 2 going for me. So for this one I'm gonna have to go with PvE.
Reply Quote
11/19/2011 07:34 PMPosted by Roadblock
More ppl play Diablo for the pve as it is a pve game. Pvp in diablo is just there for fun. So you will find more ppl are entertained by pve longer in Diablo.
PvP is what kept diablo 2 going for so long.
Edited by Deity on 11/19/2011 8:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
PvE requires constant content updates in order to remain entertaining. How many times are you willing to re-run the same dungeon? Every boss mechanic remains the same, even with some RNG there's really no challenge after you beat it the first time and understand how it was done.

PvP requires constant balancing, such as in SC2, in order to remain fun and fair. However, each individual match provides a new challenge.

I've always been a PvP player. PvE is too easy, even the most 'challenging' raids were only a challenge because a few derpps'ers in the group are too shallow to not stand in the fire. It's all routine which I get enough of at work tyvm.
Edited by MissFortune on 11/19/2011 8:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
For this game, PvE by far.

Bring your WoW-headed PvE vs PvP arguments in here as much as you want, but the reality is this: You want a real PvP game, go play Starcraft or Street Fighter/Marvel.
Edited by Lunchador on 11/19/2011 8:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Speak for yourselves, I kept coming back for the PvE in diablo.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
a game where both pvp and pve are really fun to play ..
Reply Quote
It varies from person to person but overall, PvE tends to be far more popular in ARPG and the most successful MMOs out there.

You need to look no farther than WoW and D2 as examples. WoW is the most popular active subscription game in the MMO world thanks to its strong PvE content, and D2 was played by many for a long time with only a small fraction participating regularly in PvP (# of Baal run games v. # of duel/PvP games, for example).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]