Diablo® III

Which PC upgrade is the most bang for my $ ?

If I am not mistaken the i7-2600 cannot be overclocked you would need the i7-2600k - and i5-2500K is probably the most widely used gaming cpu right now and the best especially if overclocked.<br /><br />Having said that I would go with the video card upgrade

Edit: Also the Nvidia GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2G graphics card is only an extra $80 than the 1G 560Ti
Edited by PGATourDrven on 11/23/2011 1:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/23/2011 07:57 AMPosted by Luke
2500k to 2600k is worthless if you are a gamer. You gain nothing but hyper threading and 2MB of on-board cache. The overclocking headroom of the two chips is the same as well.<br /><br />Video card for sure, but that 550 is not so hot. How much do you have to spend ?

Some benchmarks show that you actually LOSE a tad bit of gaming performance, as more resources are being allocated to hyperthreading which is not being used.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]