Looking into upgrading my Vcard for diablo 3

85 Troll Druid
Vcard: Nvidia GeForce 9500gs

Motherboard: IPIBL-LB (Benicia) motherboard

Expansion Slots:
1 PCI x16 slot for graphics card
2 PCI x1 slots
1 PCI slot

What should I be looking for in an upgrade? I know nothing about Vcards and if any of the top Vcards will fit into this motherboard. What better place to ask than on here.

Positive feedback would be much appriciated. :) thanks
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Sweet or none :)
Reply Quote
To be honest your motherboard is really old which severly limits your choices. In fact this is the only video card on newegg that is suitable for a PCI x16 slot:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129091

You should focus on saving up for a whole new build, this will help:

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/The_FalconO6/CurrentLogicalPCBuyingGuide/Guide.png

Reply Quote
to be really honest, D3 isn't that graphically intense.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
11/24/2011 09:01 AMPosted by AktioN
vCard means virginity

lmfao
Reply Quote
Vcard: Nvidia GeForce 9500gs

Motherboard: IPIBL-LB (Benicia) motherboard

Expansion Slots:
1 PCI x16 slot for graphics card
2 PCI x1 slots
1 PCI slot

What should I be looking for in an upgrade? I know nothing about Vcards and if any of the top Vcards will fit into this motherboard. What better place to ask than on here.

Positive feedback would be much appriciated. :) thanks

For something on the low end I would recommend a 5770/6770, they are the same card. I'm assuming you have a prebuilt machine, such as HP (going by the motherboard). Your only problem is going to be your power supply if it is a prebuilt from one of the name brand manufacturers. They all like to use low quality, low wattage power supplies. I've used a 5770 on a Dell 380 watt PSU before to no ill effect so you might be ok.

Secondly, depending on the type of case you have, your PSU might not be upgradeable, especially if it's a slim style case. You didn't provide a whole lot of info after all.

5770/6770s you can probably find for under $120. And should be able to power Diablo 3 on most graphical settings, also dependent on your resolution. According to http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/296 you may be able to get away with around a 300 watt PSU, but that is extremely pushing it.

Cheers
Reply Quote
83 Goblin Rogue
Personally, I've got the GTX 460-SE with 1GB GDDR5 RAM and its been playing anything I throw at it on max at around 55-68 FPS consistently. (Crysis, Batman: Arkym City, Skyrim, Serious Sam 3, etc). Then again I'm also running an Intel Core i5 2500-K with 16GB of RAM. But to help you out, I'd have to ask what else is inside your rig. Whats your processor and RAM totals? Even minimal upgrades to those might be better in your interest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]