Diablo® III

Release date announced today or...

32 Undead Mage
Blizzard needs to hire new marketing people. Why would they pay Amazon and have Diablo 3 sponsor their PC game sale without a firm D3 release date?

How many video game commercials on TV do you see of games that are coming out in 2012? No one in their right mind would spend cash on a promotion like that and not have people able to buy their product.

This stunt will not generate many preorders without a firm release date. Heck they could've chosen Titan to sponsor it and got the same response.

Edit for Bashiok:
http://www.amazon.com/Outlet/b?ie=UTF8&node=409566
Text 1/4 down page - "Check back tomorrow for PC Games Day, sponsored by Diablo III".
Edited by Abrade on 11/30/2011 3:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Diablo doesn't need marketing, it's Diablo.

/sips coffe
Reply Quote

/sips coffe

OMG there you are, where the heck have you been. =)
Reply Quote
32 Undead Mage

/sips coffe

Then they wasted money sponsoring a game sale. Probably paying millions for it.
Reply Quote
Wor%@%kk sir, so much work! I can't just sit on the forums and do my job when i'm training.

Next week is my first week of freedom so i'll be back to surfing while at work then.

/sips coffe

Reply Quote
11/30/2011 02:19 PMPosted by Abrade
Then they wasted money sponsoring a game sale. Probably paying millions for it.

Doubtful.

You do know that the retailers make money selling Blizzard's games, right? The more they sell the more they make.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
11/30/2011 02:10 PMPosted by Abrade
Why would they pay Amazon and have Diablo 3 sponsor their PC game sale without a firm D3 release date?

What is Amazon doing? I must have missed it.
Reply Quote
11/30/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Bashiok
Why would they pay Amazon and have Diablo 3 sponsor their PC game sale without a firm D3 release date?

What is Amazon doing? I must have missed it.

Amazon saying D3 got pushed back to Q2
Reply Quote
I'm confused and I'm not sure what this thread is even about? Who is Blizz paying off and why are they not allowed to have commercials?
Reply Quote
Someone has some splainin to do...
Reply Quote
bash already knows, he asked to make the point that they dont know what theyre talking about
Reply Quote
Bash if you can dispel this rumor I for one will appreciate it!
Reply Quote
11/30/2011 03:10 PMPosted by Azzure
Bash if you can dispel this rumor I for one will appreciate it!

he just did with undertone
Reply Quote
Oh god i seriously hope this isnt true!
Reply Quote
Anyone familiar with Blizzard can be assured this isn't true. Announcements are usually made here on the forums first
Reply Quote
11/30/2011 03:23 PMPosted by Vigrond
Anyone familiar with Blizzard can be assured this isn't true. Announcements are usually made here on the forums first

True but believing in the worst that could happen will soften the blow if it actually does happen.
Reply Quote
wow why cant u guys see it?

think about it please, if bash didnt know about it, then the amazon release date is completely made up
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]