Diablo® III

Release date announced today or...

This is kinda funny.
Reply Quote
bash i think itd be best if u were just more straight forward with it... =/
Reply Quote
Think Bash is trolling us.
Reply Quote
I wish Blizz would comment on the Amazon thing. At least a generic "Retailers don't have any idea as to release dates" comment or something.
Reply Quote
Maybe Euro Amazon just got confused. The Europeans organize dates by DAY MONTH YEAR while here in the US it's MONTH DAY YEAR.

They could have been told... 1/4/12 (Jan 4th) and read it as 1/4/12.... which to them is April 1st.
Edited by Kerensky on 11/30/2011 3:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
omg... they just did in this thread, please people learn to read undertone

sorry, im jsut very surprised at how many people are missing it
Reply Quote
... i hate being ignored bc my text color isnt blue or green -.-
Reply Quote
32 Undead Mage
This has nothing to do with Amazon Germany or whatever. I am talking about Amazon.com. I updated the original post with the edit also.

Also, is nothing to do with any Amazon release date they have posted. It is merely the fact that Blizzard is spending advertising dollars to promote D3 on Amazon tomorrow. They are SPONSORING it. That means they are paying Amazon. Amazon is not doing this to sell more Diablo 3 games. Even though it won't hurt =).

Go to:
http://www.amazon.com/Outlet/b?ie=UTF8&node=409566

Text 1/4 down the page:
"Check back tomorrow for PC Games Day, sponsored by Diablo III"
Edited by Abrade on 11/30/2011 3:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/30/2011 03:47 PMPosted by Honor

We see you..

Of course.. Bash was being funny / making it clear that German Amazon folks were blowing bubbles out of their butts.

My guess is they have a rule to send out some kind of BS letter to customers when a release date guess gets close (3-4 months away) and still hasn't been confirmed by the developer.

Reply Quote
11/30/2011 03:53 PMPosted by Snow

We see you..

Of course.. Bash was being funny / making it clear that German Amazon folks were blowing bubbles out of their butts.

My guess is they have a rule to send out some kind of BS letter to customers when a release date guess gets close (3-4 months away) and still hasn't been confirmed by the developer.

id hope so... but still so many are still posting things suggesting they havent, ty for understanding tho (however u prolly didnt need my help for that)
Reply Quote
This has nothing to do with Amazon Germany or whatever. I am talking about Amazon.com. I updated the original post with the edit also.

Also, is nothing to do with any Amazon release date they have posted. It is merely the fact that Blizzard is spending advertising dollars to promote D3 on Amazon tomorrow. They are SPONSORING it. That means they are paying Amazon. Amazon is not doing this to sell more Diablo 3 games. Even though it won't hurt =).

Go to:
http://www.amazon.com/Outlet/b?ie=UTF8&node=409566

Text 1/4 down the page:
"Check back tomorrow for PC Games Day, sponsored by Diablo III"

that to me says, that diablo 3 will be sold there (or a sale on it), not anything about a release date happening tomorrow
Edited by Honor on 11/30/2011 5:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ohh.. thats interesting. But there's nothing wrong with a game thats coming out soonish being advertised on Amazon.

Why with the negative reaction to seeing a game your obviosuly looking forward too (your on this site) being advertised?

No reason. If anything, its a good sign.
Reply Quote
11/30/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Bashiok
Why would they pay Amazon and have Diablo 3 sponsor their PC game sale without a firm D3 release date?

What is Amazon doing? I must have missed it.

Amazon.de changed their speculative release date on diablo 3 to June 30th 2012. And when they did this, as with EVERY OTHER Amazon pre order a generic email was sent to everyone that pre ordered.
Reply Quote
32 Undead Mage
Ohh.. thats interesting. But there's nothing wrong with a game thats coming out soonish being advertised on Amazon.

Why with the negative reaction to seeing a game your obviosuly looking forward too (your on this site) being advertised?

No reason. If anything, its a good sign.

I'm not negative towards the game. I will buy it on Day 1. I'm just saying I question the marketing execs making that decision if the game has no release date set. Would the casual buyer preorder it not knowing it is supposed to come out in 2012? Probably not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]