Diablo® III

Release date announced today or...

100 Human Death Knight
They have said not to trust external gaming sites regarding release dates how many times now?
Edited by Mantaur on 11/30/2011 4:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/30/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Bashiok
Why would they pay Amazon and have Diablo 3 sponsor their PC game sale without a firm D3 release date?

What is Amazon doing? I must have missed it.
The post you're quoting is referring to a Diablo 3 sponsored sale of PC Games on Amazon tomorrow.

Check back tomorrow for PC Games Day, sponsored by Diablo III
http://www.amazon.com/Outlet/b/ref=amb_link_359053442_2?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&node=409566&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-stage-1&pf_rd_r=0GDEK75DRFN70BBBSB88&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1337026842&pf_rd_i=468642
Reply Quote
32 Undead Mage
I wonder do the CM's "play dumb" or do they really have no clue? I would assume they are just joking with us but I haven't hung around the WoW/SC2 forums to know for sure.
Reply Quote
32 Undead Mage
11/30/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Burzghash
Haha, it's so cute watching people who don't know that retailers randomly make up dates on product releases just to secure your deposit, try desperately to pretend like they have INSIDER INFO on when D3 is releasing :3

This has nothing to do with a retailer release date. As far as I know Amazon.com does not have a release date for D3. It is the fact that Blizzard IS PAYING MONEY to Amazon to advertise their product. A product with no release date? Does not seem effective marketing.

I am not a marketing professional and if someone wants to argue the case of why this is a good move to do without a release date go ahead.
Edited by Abrade on 11/30/2011 4:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Haha, it's so cute watching people who don't know that retailers randomly make up dates on product releases just to secure your deposit, try desperately to pretend like they have INSIDER INFO on when D3 is releasing :3

This has nothing to do with a retailer release date. As far as I know Amazon.com does not have a release date for D3. It is the fact that Blizzard IS PAYING MONEY to Amazon to advertise their product. A product with no release date? Does not seem effective marketing.

I am not a marketing professional and if someone wants to argue the case of why this is a good move to do without a release date go ahead.

because the release date isnt anounced yet is a pretty good one

2 months, or 6 months away, its a good time to advertise pre orders, right before xmas

edit: WARNING: FROM THIS POST ON, PLEASE IGNORE ANY AND ALL POSTS POSTED BY EITHER ME OR CHRIS IF YOU DONT WANNA READ SOME STUPID ARGUMENT
Edited by Honor on 11/30/2011 5:58 PM PST
Reply Quote

because the release date isnt anounced yet is a pretty good one

2 months, or 6 months away, its a good time to advertise pre orders, right before xmas

Yeah, no. Nobody in their right mind pre-orders without a release date. Strike that... nobody in their right mind pre-orders. Its just another way of locking in a purchase that does nothing for the customer except remove their choices from them.

ill be buying d3, that isnt gunna change
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated" />

ill be buying d3, that isnt gunna change

So buy it then. Its not like they are going to run out and you need to put $60 in escrow in order to get in line an unknown period of time in advance.

so, if i know that i am going to buy it, whats the problem with pre ordering it?

and for the record, places HAVE run out before... so...

i guess you didnt buy gamecube or ps3 when it was brand new (went to like 9 different places before finally finding a place that still had one, for each system)
Edited by Honor on 11/30/2011 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 1/4/2012 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

so, if i know that i am going to buy it, whats the problem with pre ordering it?

Whats the problem with not? You haven't even seen what you're paying for yet, and don't know when its even going to be released. Maybe you'll kick yourself when you realize you wish you hadn't bought it 3 years ago.

i never said there was a problem with not pre ordering it, ur the one causing a fuss
Reply Quote
problem?
Reply Quote

i guess you didnt buy gamecube or ps3 when it was brand new (went to like 9 different places before finally finding a place that still had one, for each system)

Yeah no, I didn't. There isn't any video game that is so damn important I'm going to waste my time making up for a crappy retail supply chain.

i never said there was a problem with not pre ordering it, ur the one causing a fuss

No, I just said nobody in their right mind pre-orders. You haven't convinced me otherwise by telling me what it gets you. They aren't going to run out of a digital download.

pre ordering is for people who want a hard copy, and dont wanna goto a store and find out theyre all gone

for the record i dont have d3 pre ordered and will be buying online, but what im doing and what ur doing doesnt matter, the fact ur causing a fuss is whats the problem, no fuss should be had
Reply Quote
11/30/2011 04:46 PMPosted by ChrIs
No problem. I'm just judging you. You're sort of convincing me Blizzard owns you.

way to base things off assumption (almost always a poor choice)

edit: if by blizzard owns me, you mean ill buy d3, then yes, they do
Edited by Honor on 11/30/2011 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]