Diablo® III

Release date announced today or...

11/30/2011 04:32 PMPosted by Honor

This has nothing to do with a retailer release date. As far as I know Amazon.com does not have a release date for D3. It is the fact that Blizzard IS PAYING MONEY to Amazon to advertise their product. A product with no release date? Does not seem effective marketing.

I am not a marketing professional and if someone wants to argue the case of why this is a good move to do without a release date go ahead.

because the release date isnt anounced yet is a pretty good one

2 months, or 6 months away, its a good time to advertise pre orders, right before xmas

because thats what every kid wants to open on christmas morning... a pre order for a game that may or may not be released within 6 months.
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated" />

pre ordering is for people who want a hard copy, and dont wanna goto a store and find out theyre all gone

for the record i dont have d3 pre ordered and will be buying online, but what im doing and what ur doing doesnt matter, the fact ur causing a fuss is whats the problem, no fuss should be had

Really? "all gone". Yeah.

I'm not causing a fuss. It sounds like you're butt hurt I said pre-ordering gets you nothing except the illusion of having bought something that doesn't exist yet.

you quoted me, and started making accusations, im simply defending myself

edit: and yea, all gone.

you bet ur !@#$ those CE will be out of stock pretty fast

btw, why are you directing ur qualms with pre order twards me anyways? i did nothing more than clarify errors of others about whats going on in this thread

never once did i say anything like ZOMG PRE ORDERS ARE THE BEEZ NEEZ
Edited by Honor on 11/30/2011 4:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
32 Undead Mage
For online preorders you don't have to put any money down and can cancel it at anytime. I would suggest if you want the CE edition to preorder it just in case it gets sold out. If you want the regular edition then you can walk into a store on release day and buy it or download it from battle.net.
Reply Quote

because the release date isnt anounced yet is a pretty good one

2 months, or 6 months away, its a good time to advertise pre orders, right before xmas

because thats what every kid wants to open on christmas morning... a pre order for a game that may or may not be released within 6 months.

its better than socks
Reply Quote
Hey, we are here talking about it right? Good marketing strategy...
Reply Quote
Blizzard already confirmed a release date, you just have to look at past posts... the game is coming out "when it's finished." Not sure why people are unhappy with that answer???
Reply Quote

you quoted me, and started making accusations, im simply defending myself

edit: and yea, all gone.

you bet ur !@#$ those CE will be out of stock pretty fast

I accused you of nothing, I told you what I think. And you can still get a SC2 collector's edition, today, off of Amazon for barely more than the release price. So no.

And now we're talking about pre-ordering the CE, so we're not even talking about the game, we're talking about a $2 piece of mass-produced plastic resin containing a USB drive.

yea ur right actually sry about that, what you did tho, is spew something in need of correcting, to my terms anyway, also i edited the post u quoted here
Reply Quote
11/30/2011 04:56 PMPosted by ChrIs
never once did i say anything like ZOMG PRE ORDERS ARE THE BEEZ NEEZ

No, you asked me what the problem with pre-ordering it was. I'm not attacking you. I just think your rationalizations are pretty weak.

Pre-orders are good for the company. It lets them gauge demand. What they do for you I have NO IDEA.

ive already told u their use, however small it may be, sorry it wasnt mind blowing

im not a particular fan of pre order, i just know why they exist, and know the frustration of stores running out of copies of stuff, which pre orders fix
Reply Quote

ive already told u their use, however small it may be, sorry it wasnt mind blowing

im not a particular fan of pre order, i just know why they exist, and know the frustration of stores running out of copies of stuff, which pre orders fix

Except nowadays any time they run out of copies it was intentional - to create the illusion of scarcity. Nobody runs out of plastic resin USB drives and digital copies.

I'm in this thread because Blizzard has been running their hype generator at full blast - favorite us on Facebook to win a miniscule chance at beta - without even offering up a firm release date, trying to drum up commitments to buy through pre-orders. Its condescending to their customers and a little pathetic.

ok well goto a store and attempt to buy something, and be told u cant buy it, u might think pre ordering is a bit better of an idea afterwards
Reply Quote

ok well goto a store and attempt to buy something, and be told u cant buy it, u might think pre ordering is a bit better of an idea afterwards

So where do you live that stores can keep your business and yet frequently not have the items they advertised?

I'm not having this dropped from a plane into Alaska. There are at least 10 game-stops, best buys and walmarts within 3 miles and seriously, I can wait a week for a video game if there IS a supply chain screwup.

then do so, why do you refuse to admit pre orders have a good (or at least A...) purpose, for those that like casually walking to a store and knowing what u want is there, and not hoping it is
Reply Quote

then do so, why do you refuse to admit pre orders have a good (or at least A...) purpose, for those that like casually walking to a store and knowing what u want is there, and not hoping it is

Ok, this is pointless.

I don't understand this need to have something that won't exist for an unknowable length of time in the future, but you MUST HAVE IT the moment it DOES suddenly exist or you are horribly inconvenienced.

@ bolded

indeed

this may come as a shock to you, but diablo 3 is going to be FFFFFFFFFFFing amazing, why would u NOT want this AS SOON as its out? wait no, dont answer that, im hoping to finally see an end to this
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/30/2011 04:43 PMPosted by ChrIs
No, I just said nobody in their right mind pre-orders. You haven't convinced me otherwise by telling me what it gets you. They aren't going to run out of a digital download.

Collectors Edition ? I got mine, you try and get one now, its pretty much sold out.
Reply Quote
TLDR:
You got trolled by Amazon. They're just pushing back their expected release so they're not screwed, it still means nothing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]