Diablo® III

Release date announced today or...

@ bolded, xept counters everything u said in ur last post, and any other post containing tin foil hattish comments about blizzard and making money off them they shouldnt be

edit: no, i dont hafta be right, but i hate weak mindedness like i said, and ur refusal to admit ur wrong is right up that alley

i was also never not defend myself

LOL. You're a riot.

better than weak minded

at least i can admit when im wrong
Reply Quote

there is a limit to pre orders, yea, what he said is most likely fact
no not plastic, but there is something called limited supply

NOPE, ALL game retailers are still taking pre orders for the collectors edition of D3 as it's NOT sold out

I love how people just assume things.

sure they can, but like i said later after that post, that doesnt mean the store wont order more of them, stores WILL meet the demand, but it wont always be done perfectly to where there arent pockets of time where something is not available
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated" />

better than weak minded

at least i can admit when im wrong

So prove it already. ;-)

pre orders have purpose, the purposes have already been stated

there. done did it. can u stop now?

if this is a stubborn contest, i will prolly win, bc not only am i stubborn, but im also right

edit: for those getting annoyed with this argument, please skip over all posts made by me or chris, anything else is fair game (ive already edited the first post that this crap started in as a fair warning to those new commers entering)
Edited by Honor on 11/30/2011 6:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
32 Undead Mage
Blizzard needs to hire new marketing people. Why would they pay Amazon and have Diablo 3 sponsor their PC game sale without a firm D3 release date?

How many video game commercials on TV do you see of games that are coming out in 2012? No one in their right mind would spend cash on a promotion like that and not have people able to buy their product.

This stunt will not generate many preorders without a firm release date. Heck they could've chosen Titan to sponsor it and got the same response.

Edit for Bashiok:
http://www.amazon.com/Outlet/b?ie=UTF8&node=409566
Text 1/4 down page - "Check back tomorrow for PC Games Day, sponsored by Diablo III".

Look at this link the look at the Links on the page and NOTICE the SPIKE AWARDS! Then read the thread i wrote two weeks ago!

So Spike has sponsor links on the Amazon D3 page. What does that mean? Obviously D3 will be a big sell for the Spike Awards. Does not imply there will be a release date then, but there could be.
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated" />

pre orders have purpose, the purposes have already been stated

there. done did it. can u stop now?

if this is a stubborn contest, i will prolly win, bc not only am i stubborn, but im also right

Well, since you're so stubborn I guess, okay, you can be right. I wouldn't want you not to be able to sleep tonight.

if pre orders had no purpose, they would not exist, and they would not exist in such a large quantity

the argument that they have no purpose, even after myself and others have stated the purpose of them, is asinine

not only are you making urself look like a tin foil hat wearing idiot, but ur making me look mean by picking on you so heavily

sorry its come to such a level, hopefuly in the future this stupid convo will make you think twice before refusing to admit ur wrong, and maybe ull just be out with it right away, and realize its not all that bad, and will actually lift some weight off ur shoulders. who knows, you might grow up a little

edit: and who knows, maybe thisll help me grow out of the need to correct everyone to such an extent (or at least gain experience on how to end them quicker)

and ty for finally admitting you were wrong, even if u had to add stuff in to make it look a little (to the fool at least) like you never were

that wasnt so bad, was it?
Edited by Honor on 11/30/2011 6:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
I can't imagine they're out of CE's when there isn't even a release date yet. They're undoubtedly collecting initial estimates and then letting Blizz know how many more they expect they'll need when 90% of the rest of the world realizes that D3 exists (IE a release announcement).

We're a tiny number compared to who will be buying this game, chill breh.
Reply Quote
I can't imagine they're out of CE's when there isn't even a release date yet. They're undoubtedly collecting initial estimates and then letting Blizz know how many more they expect they'll need when 90% of the rest of the world realizes that D3 exists (IE a release announcement).

We're a tiny number compared to who will be buying this game, chill breh.

i have no reason to say someone is lying when they say that they know that some stores are already telling people that they have no more of them, likewise, the same could be said (possibly) for he number of pre orders taken before a release date happens (that a small fraction is only allowed). if that is true or not i really have no idea, but the only evidence either way ive seen is someone posting and saying that some places are not accepting any more

either way, i fully expect CE to not be on a perma limited supply, if any at all... if anything, stores place orders in small amounts to make sure they dont overstock, and add more to the order as more customers order them

but yes, i also cant see CEs being hard or impossible to "ever" find after release without pre ordering, however i can totally see places sometimes not having any currently in stock

in fact i tried getting sc2 CE, but best buy ran out at the time i was there, and had to get a normal copy

guess i shoulda pre ordered, since that is its main purpose... (reserving)
Edited by Honor on 11/30/2011 6:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Bash is spending a lot of time tweeting and lurking the forums...D3 must be done. ;)
Reply Quote
hype hype hype
Reply Quote
actually eb canada has stopped people pre order the CE cuz they dont think they'll b able to provide enough copies for midnight releases . obviously sum people dont kno supply n demand. limit the supply of sumthin really popular n people will want to pay even more than wat its actually worth when its sold out. n btw i called 3 ebgames n called the company...its sold out. amazon might have an unlimited amount for copies but u prolly wont get it for 3 weeks after. yes they arent runnin out of plastic but hey they didnt run out of plastic when they released the wii but dealers still werent able to get thier hand on enough of them to fill in the demand for it. pre-orderin pretty much reserves a copy n since ebgames has a limited amount and then said they were sold out to make sure they can satisfy that demand makes sure that u can get ur copy at release unlike amazon.

edit: btw this is if u want ur game like on release day or atlease 2 days after. if u dont care then preorderin has no use to u lol
Edited by uddk on 11/30/2011 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote

because the release date isnt anounced yet is a pretty good one

2 months, or 6 months away, its a good time to advertise pre orders, right before xmas

Yeah, no. Nobody in their right mind pre-orders without a release date. Strike that... nobody in their right mind pre-orders. Its just another way of locking in a purchase that does nothing for the customer except remove their choices from them.

A lot of people who pre-orders are ordering CE though.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
11/30/2011 06:54 PMPosted by xKoBiEx
Bash is spending a lot of time tweeting and lurking the forums...D3 must be done. ;)
Thats his job to lurk the forums. Good thing you pointed out what his job title and such is lol. -.-
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
This is how "community managers" handle customers? If one of my employees treated a customer with such disdain they'd quickly be looking for a new job. A simple answer would have been justified. If Blizzard wants the forums to be socially acceptable maybe their "community managers" should follow the same policies.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/30/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Bashiok
Why would they pay Amazon and have Diablo 3 sponsor their PC game sale without a firm D3 release date?

What is Amazon doing? I must have missed it.

You know it is very frustrating Bash to have you even comment on something like this like that(You get what I mean.) .... We all know you are in 'the know' and we don't truly know anything but ya know, we all spend tons of time searching for any clue whatsoever so we can try to see through the vague post like this and the twitter one "and the heavens shall tremble" to know at least a little of what you know. Not being in "the know" is not fun at all man.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Hah. So Amazon.de has the super secret inside scoop of release dates and Amazon.com doesn't? That's rich. Why would we tell any retailer a release date? Let alone a German specific outlet of a single retailer?

Retailers will find out the release date the same time you do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]