Diablo® III

♦♣♠♥Grug's Late Night Thread - Monk Style♥♠♣♦

♦♣♠♥ Grug's Late Night Thread ♥♠♣♦
Does your posting schedule not match the majority of the community? Do you enjoy discussing and debating Diablo 3 into the wee hours of the morning? Well, fellow night-owls, this is your spot. Because the night isn't over until you say so!

Tonight's topic is the Monk, specifically his style or "kit". What did you first think of him when he was revealed at Blizzcon 2009? How has he changed in your eyes since then? Was his trailer sufficiently Bad-!@#? Is he a good fit for the game?
Reply Quote
I agree with you bottle. I feel like the monks spirit spenders are lackluster. They should be visually amazing and be large or powerful attacks. 7 sided kick looks cool, but it got nerfed to hell. The dummy animation should be changed entirely since it is now basically an offensive attack.
Reply Quote
I would also like to see his "combo" system feel like a combo system.

I know they have a passive that adds 8% damage, which seems kinda week for it being a high level passive, but maybe they could add something like this..

Passive ability:
Combo bonuses have been added to the following abilities:
1) deadly reach + sweeping wind = increases the reach of all attacks by x yards for 5 sec.
2) fist of thunder + way of 100 fist = increased attack speed for 5 sec.
3) exploding palm + crippling wave = reduced damage taken for 5 sec.
Reply Quote
Monk definitely had the the best trailer IMO.

I think the class looks really fun too. I don't like how he only fights with his hands though. I would like to see the weapons.
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Warlock
Looks like he would be amazing in pvp if some of his abilities aren't restricted in some way or form, but it is always the classes that look like they would dominate that end up sucking. Needless to say he will probably be my 2nd or 3rd class.

p.s. I find it funny you start these threads and then don't follow them grug :P
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Looks like he would be amazing in pvp if some of his abilities aren't restricted in some way or form, but it is always the classes that look like they would dominate that end up sucking. Needless to say he will probably be my 2nd or 3rd class.

p.s. I find it funny you start these threads and then don't follow them grug :P

i agree with my twin brother, unfortunately i was adopted out when the contamination happened at gnomer
Reply Quote
I liked the monk in hellfire so I was stoker to see him come back. I just finished the beta with him and man he might be my favorite char. I find all his abilities fun and cool looking. Something I can't say for other chars.

I can see how is more like a melee wizard but I still like him. Just overall really fun to play and that's what's important in the end right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]