Diablo® III

Book of Cain delayed? Amazon shows 1/10/12

I told my sister-in-law about a week ago to get it for me for Christmas. She better have pre-ordered it or there will be serious consequences and repercussions. CONSEQUENCES AND REPERCUSSIONS!!
Reply Quote
pre ordered on amazon dec. 2. That order is estimated to arrive dec. 15. Yesterday I realized that this would make a good x-mas gift for someone, so i pre ordered another one. That one has a estimated arrival of jan 12. So yea, looks like sometime after the 2nd they had to push back the date.
Reply Quote
OK, so I got the book pre-ordered on amazon.com since the day it was available. I just checked the shipping date and it was December 13. Then I wanted to change the shipping option to get it a fews days earlier. Guess what; when I changed the shipping option, the shipping date got changed to January 10!!! I should not have touched this ;(. Maybe I will still get it in December, but I hate myself right now...
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
12/09/2011 11:05 AMPosted by Danewb
amazon is a joke. Look at their dates with D3, and all the confusion they have caused. I really cannot trust that company.

Since the announcement of D3, Amazon's website has had NO release date. The foreign Amazon sites might have dates but they will always be wrong. At least Amazon.com has had it right the whole time ... that is to say no date at all.

If you base an unannounced release date on whether you should trust a company or not, then you shouldn't trust any company that sells a Diablo product. Almost all of them put up a release date even though Blizzard has not given them one.
Reply Quote
I'm betting I can walk into a Barnes & Noble on the 15th and just snag a copy off the shelves..

Yay for Brick & Mortar book stores falling to the wayside?
Reply Quote
Blue post on tis please.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I googled for "Book of Cain delay" and searched these forums but didn't see anything.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1608870634/ref=oh_o05_s00_i00_details

Link shows that the publishing date is now 1/10/12. But the press release from last week (http://www.cisionwire.com/insight-editions/r/diablo--iii--book-of-cain,c9193097) said it was being released on 12/13.

What's the real release date?

The Book of Cain is still scheduled for a December 13 release date and has not been delayed. We have no control over when retailers will actually get the books into your hands though. We'll have some showing up on the Blizzard store shortly after that date (approximately Dec 16) and many other retailers also will have the book as well for purchase.
Edited by Nethaera on 12/12/2011 10:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
I pre-ordered during blizzcon and received my copy today.
Reply Quote
$23.10 + $59.99 = $83.09.

Instant collectors edition if you don't care about silly in-game Angel wings and a crappy USB.
Plus judging from the SC2 Collectors edition Artbook....there is nothing new. It's straight up from their online art gallery.
Reply Quote
$23.10 + $59.99 = $83.09.

Instant collectors edition if you don't care about silly in-game Angel wings and a crappy USB.
Plus judging from the SC2 Collectors edition Artbook....there is nothing new. It's straight up from their online art gallery.

So I take you don't actually own the SC2 CE, cuz the art book has A LOT of work in it, and much of it I have never seen anywhere else aside from in that book. The WoW art books are generally lacking, I know cuz I own all of them except the vanilla CE. The exception was WotLK, that was good art book.

You sir.... are a http://tinyurl.com/78yglp2

People should be forced to go play with a puppy (or other small, cute, fuzzy animal of love) before they come on these forums. It might help the general atmosphere.
Reply Quote
12/12/2011 03:05 PMPosted by Coldcuts
silly in-game Angel wings

Blasphemy.
Reply Quote
As Nethaera confirm Book of Cain still due release for the 13th tomorrow: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3657284764?page=2#29, so did Medievaldragon from Blizzplanet earlier yesterday reported on Amazon's release date error: http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/insight-editions-confirms-diablo-iii-book-of-cain-shipping-dec-13
Reply Quote
I'm betting I can walk into a Barnes & Noble on the 15th and just snag a copy off the shelves..

Yay for Brick & Mortar book stores falling to the wayside?

Not true. Ive called 3 different locations of each of the following:

Barnes & Noble
Books a Million
Waldens Bookstore
Wal-Mart (figured id try)

Every single person i spoke with says there is no shipment of that book set up for anytime soon. I even reiterated that it shows Dec 13th on their website. And i was told "well im on our store computer right now looking at new shipments coming in and this isnt one of them". Every location of every store said the same thing, in a nutshell. So im wondering whats really going on. Usually i can walk into a bookstore the day of release and pick it up that same morning. Not the case here. Even Blizzards comment is a bit shady. "dec 13 is still the release date but we cant control when the bookstores will give it to you" Makes no sense. Why would the bookstores not be interested in making money from the thousands of people i know that are dying to get this book. Maybe because it just isnt there to be shipped? This is all of course just my opinion.
Reply Quote
True. I can't order or pre-order from anywhere that doesn't say Jan 10th release date. Not sure how to get this book...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]