Diablo® III

Thou shall not post! (limited posting access error)

(Sticky)

wow thanks man been trying to figure out how to get rid of my wow character on the diablo 3 forum for a while now
Reply Quote
Just want to say... This was the most confusing error message ever. -_-

Thank you Erelyes and the guy who posted the picture pointing exactly where to go. Why the Blizzard forums can't automatically understand that I want to use my D3 account to post to a D3 forum and not use my inactive WoW account to post to a D3 forum is beyond me.
Reply Quote
thanks it work.
Reply Quote
Cheers, my silent suffering is now over! I was still showing Shadowslice (the chinabot that highjacked my WoW account sometime after I deactivated it and was free trial farming every 3 months).
Edited by Battleboxers#1822 on 7/2/2012 4:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thank you.
Reply Quote
Just to clarify, I fixed the problem thanks to Erelyes once I figured out that you get the drop down from the arrow next to "Reply to Thread" and not at the upper right.

And all this because I no longer have an active WoW account. /sigh
Reply Quote
Just updating this for post beta since the problem can still apply.

When I let my WOW account go I suddenly could not post on any forums except the API forum. Very frustrating since I couldn't ask for help in the technical forums or the web forum.

So if you have the same problem (and a lot of people did in the API forums) - go to the API forum where you can actually post. Then create a ticket or press reply to a post - and then you can choose the down arrow next to your name by the window and change your displayed profile to your diablo profile. After you change it you should have access to the forums again.

Edit: I didn't notice the later pages address this. Blue - please update the original post on this thread since that is what people see first and probably think it only applies to the D3beta issue.
Edited by DPal#1177 on 10/30/2012 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]