Diablo® III

Test Server Connectivity Issues - 12/3/11

(Locked)

Community Manager
Update: These issues should now be resolved. Thank you for your patience!

----

We're aware that some players have been experiencing intermittent disconnects while playing the Diablo III beta and are looking into those issues currently. While we don't have an ETA for when server connectivity will be restored, we'll be providing updates in this thread as they become available.

We apologize for any inconvenience these issues may cause and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve them. We'll get you back to your regularly-scheduled hacking and slashing as soon as possible. :)
Edited by Lylirra on 12/6/2011 10:54 AM PST
will this cause lag too? the game is unplayable for me since yesterday..

i'm getting like ping 500.. i hit a monster and it dies 2 or 3 seconds later.
Everybody I've came across who's played the beta today is getting 300-500 latency. Is Blizzard testing high latency gameplay, or is something wrong?
Yeah my ping has been 300+, virtually unplayable.
What's almost even more annoying is that this post should be in the beta forum... And maybe make a post on the EU forum. You made me disturb Bashiok for no reason!
I've been lagging pretty hard as well. Hit a monster and sometimes it doesn't register for like a second.
can i get a beta key so i can test it where im at ........ yea right>.>
Update on this?
Just tested now... ping seems normal again for me (250 ping).

btw, game is better now (before new patch) more mobs.. harder mobs... etc
Yes, agreed... the mobs are bigger, more challenging. Nice adjustment Blizzard!
thats why we need OFFLINE MODE

Well said!
12/04/2011 06:08 AMPosted by Hamirez
thats why we need OFFLINE MODE

Well said!

Not really >_>
Offline single player mode all the way. D2 system for offline / online mode was just right.
You that want a offline mode just don't understand the security risks with such a system. Do some research and you will understand.
I would also like to see a single player mode, however, Blizzard did not put the AIs into the client code. I would do the same thing if I wanted to make sure that no one pirated my material, however as a game player, I hate not having single player.

12/04/2011 11:44 AMPosted by Kinetic
You that want a offline mode just don't understand the security risks with such a system. Do some research and you will understand.

Diablo II didn't let you use your single player characters online. Or are you talking about piracy?

Diablo II didn't let you use your single player characters online.

Which is why I don't see a big problem with offline single player, as long as the Bnet characters are saved server-side. Is there even confirmation that this is not going to be a feature in the retail version of D3? Or is the exclusion of this feature purely speculation?
This isn't affecting my ping at all, but I have been getting knocked out of the game every thirty or so minutes since last night. I'm also having to attempt logging into these forums two and three times in order for it to go through without erroring out.
12/04/2011 12:54 PMPosted by Erich
Which is why I don't see a big problem with offline single player, as long as the Bnet characters are saved server-side. Is there even confirmation that this is not going to be a feature in the retail version of D3? Or is the exclusion of this feature purely speculation?

If you mean offline play, yes it has been said many many times you have to be connected to play Diablo 3 a always on internet connection.

12/04/2011 11:53 AMPosted by Empty
Diablo II didn't let you use your single player characters online. Or are you talking about piracy?

It does help prevent piracy, it also helps prevent other things from happening. All games will go this route even single player only games. It is the best form of DRM without having DRM within the software. Companies spend millions on DRM type software and yet their games get cracked before they are even released. The best form of preventing someone to play single player game on the pc is to have you log into a server and it checks to make sure you are online, every time you boot up your game it scans the folder where the game is installed. This happens now with other online games, read the thing that you sign without even reading =)
12/03/2011 12:39 PMPosted by Lylirra
We're aware that some players have been experiencing intermittent disconnects while playing the Diablo III beta

Yea, i know i haven't....because im not in beta =(
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]