Diablo® III

Holy cow.. anyone else can't play SC2?

I've never played SC, WC or WOW, but I'm a big fan of Blizzard because of D2. So I guess I'm the Johnny come lately kinda fan.... whatever

I used to play D2 for hours (8+) everyday for years (needless to say I have my GPA and ex-gf to testify my love for d2), thus, became a huge fanboy of the Diablo franchise and Blizzard as result. I have endless praises for Blizz after thousands of hours I spend on diablo gameplay.

But I'm not stranger to SC2. I've been watching SC2 gameplays from Husky and HD since the beta days (on a daily basis), and even a noob's noob like myself can tell SC2 is one of the best made game out there.

So I finally got SC2 about 2 weeks ago. Yes... because of the 30 bucks SC2 promotional price (one of the reasons why I never bought SC2 or WoW is b/c I'm also very cheap). I thought I could finally get my hands on SC2 and finally get my a$$ on bnet forum with a SC2 account (I guess I couldn't post on bnet forum with only a D2 account, b/c I don't have a character or something)... I kill two birds with one stone, right?

Holy cow.... I never realized I couldn't play a RTS game or SC2 to save my life.... I was getting owned by pc when the setting is on "very easy"

I was like...
"you two marines go there..." ... wait.. is that right click or left click???... arrhhh.. let me re-select you two again...... now... you two dudes stay there, I need to train more guys from the base... Arrrhhh noo.... don't go there---- (I'll micro you back)... F&CK!!!! is that right click or left click???? NOoooo don't attack those lings... runn awayy from there..

and I only reached the third campaign and gave up... I know I lack practice and I can probably get better with SC2 if I spend more time on it, but I know in my heart SC2 is not for me...

anyone else here has the same experience with SC2? or am I the only noob here?

well.. at least I get to kill time on the forum until D3 is out...
Reply Quote
tower defense seems to be the game for u then..
Reply Quote

I was like...
"you two marines go there..." ... wait.. is that right click or left click???... arrhhh.. let me re-select you two again...... now... you two dudes stay there, I need to train more guys from the base... Arrrhhh noo.... don't go there---- (I'll micro you back)... F&CK!!!! is that right click or left click???? NOoooo don't attack those lings... runn awayy from there..

LOL. Dude, you need to record yourself playing so we can hear this argument with yourself!!! Haha, that would be hilarious!
Edited by Forge on 12/7/2011 7:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
The multiplayer is ruff you gotta practice out the wazoo to play.

Custom maps are so fun though!

/sips coffee
Reply Quote
Play the campaign. Really. It starts you off at absolute zero, and if you can beat it on the difficulty just below brutal, you can at least compete fairly well at bronze level at least.
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 1/4/2012 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warlock
Blizzard makes great competitive RTSs. As you play more of those games yourself, you come to appreciate more of the things people are doing in the stadiums.

No more controlling one toon at a time, no more scripted encounters, skill actually matters.
Reply Quote
The Singleplayer Campiagn was EPIC.

The online multiplayer is unplayable IMO. Everyone rushes with scrub units. Nobody builds up anything unless I turtle and force them too.

I haven't touched the game since I beat the Campaign. I am looking forward to the "World of Starcraft" mod, and any DOTA mods that come out. That's about it.

I hate playing against other players.
Reply Quote
I got SC2 because I've never really liked RTS games. I figured if I was going to make an attempt to like one, I'd try one of the better RTS games out there...

Yeah I still don't like them. I'm just simply not good at them, nor is the micromanagement compelling enough for me to want to get better. I did enjoy the story and flow of single player campaign though, but overall I just couldn't get into it.

I used to play War2 with my friends over our killer 14.4k connections way back in the day and enjoyed it to some extent, but it never appealed to me like Fallout, Duke Nukem or any other PC games at the time did. Guess some things never change :D
Reply Quote
practice, practice, practice.
Reply Quote
I love me some Sc2, just got back into it because all console games blow right now except for skyrim which is busted on the ps3. SC2 everytime i come back to it just reminds me why i love blizzard, all of their games are top notch.
Reply Quote
I mean, if you have never really played an RTS then there are a lot of new things to get used to. If you think your interested enough, keep it up, push through the campaign, you'll feel yourself get accustomed to the hotkeys and tricks. It's a deep game but one that once you dedicate a little time, can become massively rewarding. Or, just wait for Diablo and kill some ****.
Reply Quote
Play the single player campaign on the easiest difficulty then try the challenges as they are meant to develop skills for multiplayer. Then you can jump into multiplayer and compete with some bronzies.

I qualified in bronze league in 1v1's and made it up to platinum with some diamond teams as well so you will definitely get better. That being said I did play SC1 and had some RTS experience.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
SP was good but I am very sad that we wont see anymore Terran missions till SC3.

Stay away from Multiplayer. There is a skill curve that takes months if not years to learn. This is not one of those games that is easy to learn, difficult to master. It is difficult to learn, and pretty much impossible to master.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
if you havent played RTS games youll be a big newb for years (literally)

then you might become mediocre
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]