Diablo® III

Artisans for the account

90 Orc Shaman
Are artisans account wide or do you have to level them for each character?
Reply Quote
This is great, I was really worried about that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Something that I'm wondering about after reading this question is what about hardcore.

If you make a hardcore character, and it's your only one at the time. You get your artisan to the 4th level, and then die. Does that artisan reset? Can you just have a lvl 1 hardcore character that never leaves town so it doesn't reset, or is there even a shared stash in HC?
Reply Quote
Something that I'm wondering about after reading this question is what about hardcore.

If you make a hardcore character, and it's your only one at the time. You get your artisan to the 4th level, and then die. Does that artisan reset? Can you just have a lvl 1 hardcore character that never leaves town so it doesn't reset, or is there even a shared stash in HC?

I have a lot of questions about hardcore like this a lot. I would really like to know if Blizzard is going to make it account wide, including hardcore. Or just make it separate like the auction houses. My guess is that hardcore will have their own artisans then normal characters.
Edited by Twinkiman89 on 1/4/2012 5:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/02/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Turiinn

Actually, that's a good question, but I don't see why it'd reset. It should stay at the level you get it to. Yes, there's a shared stash in HC as well.

01/04/2012 05:30 AMPosted by Twinkiman89
I have a lot of questions about hardcore like this a lot. I would really like to know if Blizzard is going to make it account wide, including hardcore. Or just make it separate like the auction houses. My guess is that hardcore will have their own artisans then normal characters.

I'm assuming it'll be separate, considering there are separate stashes and separate AH's.
Reply Quote
01/04/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Sixen

Actually, that's a good question, but I don't see why it'd reset. It should stay at the level you get it to. Yes, there's a shared stash in HC as well.

The more I think about it, the less reasoning I see of restarting it if a character dies. One of Blizzards main objectives of this game is to have more action going on. Spend more time fighting demons and less time spending time in towns. It would go against this. Not to mention, in normal difficulty, the max artisan level is only 4. Compared to the max which is at level 10 which is only reached in Inferno. If you truly get it max level in hardcore, you deserve keeping it.
Reply Quote
The artisians stays in town.
You need to gather materials and learning pages for them.
Those learning pages are the things needed to skill him.
He is shared amongst all characters, as well as your shared stash and gathered gold.

Only the contents of your bag or your follower are charcter-only.

The quests to get the artisians still are there, if you level a new character. When those happen, the artisian is not at the usual spot, but being a npc where he is supposed to be at the quest points. But the artisian has "a very big toolbox laying around" which works for the artisian as well, even if he's not around (when doing the quests for him). Yes you can also click the rack with armor to get some armor made, for instance.

I like this system. This really helps leveling a new character.

By the way, if you max out your Artisian, it shows you still can level it, but it needs materials gathered in more dificult modes. (It can even learn a recipe which transforms lower materials into higher ones, but you'll need to have it first to learn him that. That's how you cannot level you blacksmith higher in beta.) The highest gear you can craft is level 24, so I am guessing 24-25 will be the level you can go to the more difficult modes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]