Diablo® III

undoing accidental cube break downs

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
so, i made a sick set of armor for my monk, by breaking down a ton of dungeon drops and after i made each item i still had the cube that breaks down things into raw mats selected and deleted the entire set i just made. sucks, should be an option to go back or ask if its a purple or higher item "do you want to destroy this" like in wow
Reply Quote
agreed
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I disagree because than i would waste time having to keep saying yes to everything I say just be careful next time and don't worry its only a beta this time so you have all the time you need to learn to be careful :P
Reply Quote
An easy solution to this is if you craft something, have it turn off the cube. I've nearly done the same thing several times.
Reply Quote
I agree with Slyminx, but I do like to get my inventory full and then break them all down at the same time though. If there was a shortcut, such as holding shift while breaking down multiple items that would be perfect. The cube can be deactivated if one releases the shift key.
Reply Quote
I always thought I had to press shift click to salvage more than one item. Until I deleted a very high dps weapon I found!!! I started salvaging with shift click then stopped holding shift and lost my very high dps weapon!

So aggravating why is there no clear list for all the features that change in between diablo 2 lod and diablo 3!!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
I don't even understand why this is an issue seeing as how just simply right click to deactivate the cube seems easy enough.
Reply Quote
Or have an option to "lock" items in your inventory by hovering over the item and pressing a keybind (scroll lock).

Locked items would then be unable to be salvaged, vendored, dropped or traded until you go through the same method that locked it. (hovering over the item and pressing scroll lock)

Ooooo I like THIS item I just picked up *lock*, time to continue killing things...Not to mention all your worn items would be locked and lock/unlocking this way would only take a split second.
Edited by Zinqf on 12/23/2011 1:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/08/2011 12:35 PMPosted by Uteethwash
or ask if its a purple or higher item "do you want to destroy this" like in wow

This is Diablo, we dont have Purple items. However, the game DOES ask 'are you sure?' when you salvage rares and uniques (the items you might actually want to keep).
Reply Quote
yea losing a "high DPS" weapon at level 13 is hardly a huge loss. We must assume that the confirmation messages for deleting rare+ items will be sufficient at high/endgame level play because with all the mass blues I salvage (and people will be salvaging a lot for crafting), confirmation messages on all of them would be terrible.
Reply Quote
I don't like this idea. It has a lot of potential to be abused. People will break down an item and then try to reassmble it because they didnt get a tooth they only got the dust.
Reply Quote
I don't like the confirmation message to salvage rares and legendaries. If you constantly need to repeat the process of salvaging then clicking yes, it just becomes a force of habit eventually and may not even protect you from salvaging an item you didn't mean to. Plus it would be a pain to continue scrolling your mouse from one side of the screen to the other just to complete each salvage.

I much prefer the proposed lock method.
Reply Quote
or ask if its a purple or higher item "do you want to destroy this" like in wow

This is Diablo, we dont have Purple items. However, the game DOES ask 'are you sure?' when you salvage rares and uniques (the items you might actually want to keep).

This. I can see how this is an issue in the beta where most of the best items are blue items made by the artisans, but once you get into late game there's no way a piece of blue gear is going anywhere besides the cube/cauldron. Secondly, an undo button is not feasible in a system where there is a randomly generated output. Case in point, there's a 5% chance that you get a petrified bark from a normal difficulty blue item.
Edited by Belick on 1/13/2012 6:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Or have an option to "lock" items in your inventory by hovering over the item and pressing a keybind (scroll lock).

Locked items would then be unable to be salvaged, vendored, dropped or traded until you go through the same method that locked it. (hovering over the item and pressing scroll lock)

Ooooo I like THIS item I just picked up *lock*, time to continue killing things...Not to mention all your worn items would be locked and lock/unlocking this way would only take a split second.

i think that is a fantastic idea
Reply Quote
well for now theyve removed the cube and cauldron... so a possible solution to this is for them to 1) bring it back, and 2) make it so you have to set a rarity level, or 3) make it so you can mark items so they cant be broken down/sold unless you unmark them or unless you say yes i want to sell/break it down.
Reply Quote
solved
Reply Quote
01/20/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Sword
solved

rofl, I guess your post was worth a necro XD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]