Diablo® III

Incorrect video card memory reporting...

I tried to reupload my specs recently to give it another try, but I keep getting the spec uploader claiming my 8800gtx has ~1.4GB of memory. Is there a reason it does this? Does it do this for everyone else?
Reply Quote
12/07/2011 11:45 AMPosted by N00bsauce
I had that same problem, 2 4890's with 1G each shows up as 1.7G. Seems like it did not matter ;)

Had something similar with my dually HD5770s didn't register the secondary card at all (lol) oh well.
Reply Quote
12/07/2011 11:51 AMPosted by N00bsauce

Had something similar with my dually HD5770s didn't register the secondary card at all (lol) oh well.

You may want to check your crossfire settings if it didnt pick up the 2nd card at all. You can have 2 cards installed and only 1 operating.

Yeah, blizzard's review of my system brought that up in my head, so I did a thorough check and sure enough everything's running just fine, crossfire is active and running right, there might have been a mix up with my previous specs when I re-ran the diagnostics (with blizzard) a second time after the upgrade, that's the only thing I can think of, still a similar situation.
Reply Quote
The opt in software has issues reading vram, same with dxdiag. At least it read yours higher than normal, mine kicked it down to under 256MB (its 512MB) which effectively puts me below the min requirements. It's a known issue.
Reply Quote
Ahah....surprised considering the spec uploader was updated before the beta started that they didn't catch and endeavor to fix that.

Some people feel specs don't necessarily matter and it wouldn't throw off eligibility, but clearly blizzard still wants to gather that data for a reason. You'd think they'd endeavor to fix that, considering graphics card information of potential beta testers would be rather important information.
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 1/4/2012 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/07/2011 01:36 PMPosted by Atreides
You'd think they'd endeavor to fix that, considering graphics card information of potential beta testers would be rather important information

Miss reading the vram on the card isn't really an important issue. If it was reading the cards improperly that would be a major issue.
Reply Quote
12/07/2011 01:38 PMPosted by Jacka
They are probably more concerned about what card you have than how overclocked your card is...

I dont think you read the post thoroughly enough. Misreading the "amount" of ram has nothing to do with overclocking the card....
Reply Quote
12/07/2011 03:05 PMPosted by StormTrooper
You'd think they'd endeavor to fix that, considering graphics card information of potential beta testers would be rather important information

Miss reading the vram on the card isn't really an important issue. If it was reading the cards improperly that would be a major issue.

Well....technically it is reading the cards improperly...hard to tell if it's a problem across the board or just random, but at least good to know other people have the issue, including people who got into the opt in.
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 1/4/2012 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/07/2011 09:20 PMPosted by Jacka

I dont think you read the post thoroughly enough. Misreading the "amount" of ram has nothing to do with overclocking the card....

I read it, I don't think you understand how video cards are manufactured and resold constantly.

Take a look at this for a bit... Why would the same video card be selling at so many different prices?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=-1&IsNodeId=1&Description=gtx%20560%20ti&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20

They don't care about your performance, they care about your video card and the drivers.

Misreporting the AMOUNT of ram has nothing to do with overclocking....once again, I think YOU need to re-read my post....and then possibly your own.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]