Diablo® III

Quick Question to Diablo Players:

How would you feel if you could hold down the Space bar and your character would walk toward the mouse pointer?

Or, a customizable button.
Reply Quote
is this... easier then just holding down your mouse button?...
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 3/18/2012 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
For some people, it may be.
Reply Quote
Exactly the same as I do right now. I'm sure some program will allow you to simulate a left mouse click with a key press.
Reply Quote
As players who wouldn't use it, would you support it being in the game for those who don't like holding the mouse button?
Reply Quote
No.
Reply Quote
do you REALLY need support on this? call your congressman/woman, let them know your problems. till then, click like a man!
Reply Quote
12/08/2011 01:55 AMPosted by MeatSandwich
As players who wouldn't use it, would you support it being in the game for those who don't like holding the mouse button?
I froth angrily at the mouth whenever someone asks for the possibility of an optional wasd control scheme for no apparent reason, but your spacebar solution does not bother me. I can't tell you why these things do and do not evoke feelings. It makes zero sense.
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 3/18/2012 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i dont get why you *can't* hold the left mouse button down... you still have to point that mouse to where you want to walk... its nice to just lean back.... play one handed... eat some chips... drink some tea...

Pressing the space to do this... seems annoying to me...
Edited by Dhajire on 12/8/2011 2:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
How would you feel if you could hold down the Space bar and your character would walk toward the mouse pointer?

Or, a customizable button.

Honestly it feels like something that would only slow me down. I wouldnt really care if they added support for it. But at the same time i dont support this feature either. I just cant think of a reason for it.

You dont have to rapidly click a million times to play this game.
Edited by ACPRO on 12/8/2011 2:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/08/2011 01:59 AMPosted by Jacka
Because WASD and this proposed method are completely different forms of movement.
Yeah but I'm still not sure why the suggestion of WASD makes me so mad. I mean, I wouldn't use it. It wouldn't affect me. I don't know why I care. It's a strange thing.
Reply Quote
i dont get why you *can't* hold the left mouse button down... you still have to point that mouse to were you want to talk... its nice to just lean back.... plan one handed... eat some chips... drink some tea...

Pressing the space to do this... seems annoying to me...
What about all your extra abilities? Or are you working with a fancy multi button mouse that can handle all those too?

Also, you definitely need a chair that lets you lean back, and play with two hands. Smells like victory.
Reply Quote
well when i lean back i tend to shift to my left... sometimes i put my keyboard in my lap... sometimes i dont... and just a basic mouse... but i can link some thumb buttons to 1-5 and be pretty 1 handed i guess... maybe my middle button to alt for seeing items... interesting thought...

but generally in the "lean back" mode dont really need more then 1-2 abilitys... at least... in beta ..

im sure ill be edge of my seat in inferno mode...

and OT: uhh... any extras that are "optional" i really dont mind...
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 1/4/2012 3:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
This came up because people instinctively reach for WSAD, and so are asking for it to be put in the game. This doesn't make sense to me. WSAD in Diablo will never work. It needs an analog movement style. Hence, I propose that as a solution for those who, for whatever reason, don't like clicking as much as can be required by this game.

Static? I get the feeling you're implying things about me.
Reply Quote
12/08/2011 02:11 AMPosted by Jacka
Can't you rebind your mouse buttons to something else already?

Interesting suggestion to try. I guess Blizzard feel that their current system is intuitive enough. I might go look at the tutorial.
Reply Quote
It funny you mention that... i just got into the beta on wednesday...

not having played diablo 2 in years... and playing wow and BF games and skyrim and all these WASD games...

the first thing i did in diablo 3... floated my hand over the alt key... just like the old times... i guess thats cause i know how the game works : / but instinctively going for the WASD must be for gamers of the new verity or maybe im just super weird : /
Reply Quote
Out of all the possible things that they could change in Diablo 3, the control scheme would be pretty close to the bottom of the list for me.

What you are suggesting could be done using autohotkey and making the spacebar emulate the left mouse click so if you really want to do this I can post the script for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]