Diablo® III

About the next beta wave

Hey Blizzard since you already have tested the game with low to very high system machines and are probably trying a stress test the RMAH, why not to take into consideration a few things for the next wave of beta keys?

I dont know if you measure such thing but why not to pick players (real fans) that?

1- Registered all your games in their accounts.
2- Have a big number of posts on the old forums.
3- Have a large number of posts on the new forums.
4- Login on their accounts every single day looking for a beta key.
5- Bought a virtual ticket to Blizzcon 2011 and 2010.
6- Was a Beta tester in the past and reported a big number of bugs instead of just ignoring it?

That would be fair to the real fans. I see so many beta testers asking questions that shows they never got interested on D3 before playing it that makes me sick.

Bashiok please consider this post and talk to the team
Reply Quote
Omg not a another thread like this. Come on get over it guys
Reply Quote
Remember that beta is partially a advertising tool. Therefore makes more sense for them to invite people that have never played. That being said the beta invites are random not gonna go search through all the 100s of thousands of people that are beta opt ins just to find the people that are "true fans" people need to think before they make dumb comments like this. Personally id rather they just finish the game and release it then waste time on making sure you dont feel left out.
Reply Quote
12/08/2011 05:36 AMPosted by Drjackson

For some reason I think its easy for you to say so. My observation isnt related to your avatar.
Reply Quote
Remember that beta is an advertising tool.

Fixed: That is all you had to say.

Oh yeah, I also did some grammar correction, hurray!
Reply Quote
Random is random you know
Reply Quote
33 Dwarf Rogue
12/08/2011 05:31 AMPosted by Hamirez
That would be fair to the real fans.

Actually, it would be unfair to everyone else.
Reply Quote
12/08/2011 05:38 AMPosted by Hamirez

For some reason I think its easy for you to say so. My observation isnt related to your avatar.

Fine I'll say it. I don't have beta but would you please stop with these threads.

They aren't being unfair to you. You aren't a special snowflake. You don't deserve beta more then the other millions of people in line. Get over yourself.

12/08/2011 05:31 AMPosted by Hamirez
1- Registered all your games in their accounts.

Why would this make you better at beta testing then another person?
Reply Quote
Being a "real fan" means you love their products, plain and simple. There's no badges of honor, and no one is keeping track of how many times you went to Blizzcon and bumping you up the line for the beta, it's just silly idea. I got in yesterday, and it's not because I played Warcraft: Orcs and Humans on Kali and over LAN. Or because I played Warcraft 2 for 3 years on Kali and had one of the highest rated 2v2 ladder teams on Cases ladder of all time. It's because we're all fans, we all have active accounts, and were chosen at random.
Reply Quote
Wave just went out last night I guess as I got one. It is random to a point.
Reply Quote
12/08/2011 05:38 AMPosted by Hamirez

just get over it. :|
Reply Quote
12/08/2011 06:18 AMPosted by Tiamat
I played Warcraft: Orcs and Humans on Kali and over LAN. Or because I played Warcraft 2 for 3 years on Kali and had one of the highest rated 2v2 ladder teams on Cases ladder of all time.

AH Kali that brings back memories. I bet 99% of the people on this forum have no clue what Kali was.

Pure awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/08/2011 05:37 AMPosted by josh
Personally id rather they just finish the game and release it

i agree with you 100% :^)
Reply Quote
just got in. woot
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
As did I. Of course it comes when I'm on vacation out of state and I won't be back until Saturday, but that just means I won't be sleeping Saturday night!
Reply Quote
Wait Blizzard made other games, I didn't realize. I just got this Diablo 3 email thingy, I dunno I guess I'll try the game at some point, no rush!
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3424690149
Reply Quote
Take into consideration a " Real Fans" will buy the game regardless of receiving a Beta or not!!!! Blizzard, from a marketing standpoint, will and should send Beta invites to "non-fans" to make them fans!!! And no I am not in the Beta and yes I have been a long time fan of Diablo & Starcraft!
Reply Quote
Someone call a waaambulance there is a flood in this forum.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]