Diablo® III

How do skills work with weapon's added damage

I'm new to the beta and had a question about a weapon's added elemental damage and how it works with a character's skill damage.

Example: My Demon Hunter has dual crossbows, one dealing an extra 4 cold damage and the other 6 arcane. Evasive Fire deals 115% damage, so does the extra elemental damage get added on (and does the cold effect still work)? Same question goes for Rapid Fire.

Thanks for the responses!
Edited by Hellraiser on 12/8/2011 8:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hopefully some one knows the definitive answer to this because I'm wondering as well. Since it is included in each weapons DPS shown, it will make a huge difference in calculating skills later when weapons add huge elemental damage.
Reply Quote
I did a little play testing and here are my results. (If someone has come to a different conclusion please chime in.)

I'll use DH examples:

- For skills like Hungering Arrow and Implale you do an overal percentage of "weapon damage". It looks like the elemental effects work (monsters are visibly killed with arcane damage etc).

- Rapid Fire deals "weapon damage as physical". Here I don't see any additional elemental effects, it's all physical damage with the arcane and cold damage included in the total damage done. Same goes for skills dealing strictly fire damage (Bola Shot and Elemental Arrow).
Edited by Hellraiser on 12/8/2011 8:31 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)