Diablo® III

Posting in General Forums Since....

No one responds in the tech forum.

Blizzard you need to fix your downloader for the beta. Obviously multiple people like myself cannot even get into the game to play because your stupid unnecessary agent.exe file gets itself caught in a loop and wont go past the checking for updates phase of the diablo3 client downloader installation.

I have tried every fix that has been posted on the forums... ; tried restarting computer didn't work, tried uninstalling the game... but there is no game to uninstall it doesn't make it that far when i try to install it, so i uninstall the installer for the diablo3 client and retry, didn't work, I've tried turning off all firewalls windows and kaspersky, didn't work, tried rebooting my computer in safe mode with networking enabled.... didn't work, hell i even tried downloading the torrent file to throw into my battle.net folder to try to get the agent.exe to work properly, even that didn't work.

What this comes down to is that obviously blizzard doesn't care that some of their customers can't install the game on their computers. What's truly sad is that I would expect this from Square Enix or Ubisoft, but the fact that this is coming from Blizzard is truely disappointing.

No its not my computer either
Win 7 Ultimate 64
Intel Core I7 3.20 (8CPUs)
12G Ram
DX 11
RadeonHD 6970

Maybe a blue will respond to my post on this forum, but whats more than likely to happen is it just gets deleted because they don't want to fix this issue...
Reply Quote
12/09/2011 10:47 PMPosted by Jackal
Maybe a blue will respond to my post on this forum, but whats more than likely to happen is it just gets deleted because they don't want to fix this issue...

Or more likely it will get ignored because you provide no useful information for anyone to even begin troubleshooting your problem. Do you have the full game installed or is it not downloading properly? When did you start being unable to login? They are having server issues at the moment so I wouldn't be surprised if the downloader was affected by that as well.

If want some responses, I would email customer service because no one here has enough expertise to help you aside from suggesting things like restart and reinstall. If that doesn't help, just wait a few days and try again. When the servers are busy things like this also happen.
Reply Quote
12/10/2011 12:28 AMPosted by Excomm

Or more likely it will get ignored because you provide no useful information for anyone to even begin troubleshooting your problem. Do you have the full game installed or is it not downloading properly? When did you start being unable to login? They are having server issues at the moment so I wouldn't be surprised if the downloader was affected by that as well.

If want some responses, I would email customer service because no one here has enough expertise to help you aside from suggesting things like restart and reinstall. If that doesn't help, just wait a few days and try again. When the servers are busy things like this also happen.

What Excomm said.

I'm curious as to when you started trying to download.
They have been having Server issues for 2 days and right now the Servers are completely shut off. They will be until tomorrow around noon if we are lucky.
Depends on what the problem is and whether they can get it fixed by then.
Reply Quote
I don't think there's 8 CPUs, it just shows that in your taskmanager some how, but I think it's actually 6...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]