Diablo® III

Will Beta characters remain after release?

Should I be leveling up my characters right now? Or will all the time I put into doing so be thrown away when D3 is released?
Edited by D3BETA on 12/10/2011 2:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
No.

If by that you mean will you keep them in retail...

EDIT - All I really read was the title. My answer was directed at it.

But to be more specific... No, you will not keep the characters you level in the beta, when Retail comes out. It's just not the way these things work.
Edited by Stiria on 12/10/2011 2:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
:(

Oh well.
Reply Quote
There will be absolutely no trace you were ever in beta.
Reply Quote
Please perform a search the next time you decide your thread is worthy of a 500+ re-post.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/search?q=beta+characters&f=post&forum=3354739
Reply Quote
12/10/2011 03:25 AMPosted by Static

Semantics+context - you're wrong.
http://minus.com/fixtionfxreality
Reply Quote
Semantics+context - you're wrong.
http://minus.com/fixtionfxreality
Did you understand my meaning?
Reply Quote
17 Draenei Shaman
Yea no, theres not even a point to doing all the achievements.
Reply Quote
12/10/2011 03:37 AMPosted by Diablö
Sure there is. For fun. :]
Reply Quote
12/10/2011 03:25 AMPosted by Static

I wish we'd at least get an Achievement.
Reply Quote
12/10/2011 03:39 AMPosted by Kefka

I wish we'd at least get an Achievement.
Lots of people wished that they'd get an FoS in SC2 if they did the beta overachiever, or whatever it was back then. The thing is, Blizzard figures that's not really fair to the people who through no fault of their own didn't get invited. They figure that the opportunity to be in beta is its own reward, and if people are really that put out about the idea of not getting anything in return for their time, they probably just won't play. I'm just happy to be here. Blizzard betas have always been awesome to be a part of. =]
Reply Quote
Mostly likely your account will be wiped some time next week ;)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I sort of do hope all the beta accounts are wiped some time next week.

This is not trolling or jealousy. If Blizzard terminates the beta, then that typically indicates release is eminent.

Even you beta testers would welcome that right?
Reply Quote
12/10/2011 03:37 AMPosted by Diablö

Actually there is.

Call me crazy, but 95% of the beta TESTERS who get into the game, just want to play the game.

The other 5% are there for the actual purpose... you know, testing and reporting bugs and what not. Whats the point of doing all the achievements? Testing to see if you can find out if they all work correctly, they aren't the same achievements that will be in the live game, but they serve as a testing platform.

Test them, see if they all work, see if doing weird/stupid things bug them out. You know... TEST the game.

Crazy thought I know.

I sort of do hope all the beta accounts are wiped some time next week.

This is not trolling or jealousy. If Blizzard terminates the beta, then that typically indicates release is eminent.

Even you beta testers would welcome that right?

Well, chances are good the beta characters/gear/gold etc etc will be wiped at least a few more times. They've done it for Patches 5, 6 and 7. Highly unlikely there won't be anymore patches, so you can bet on a few more wipes.
Edited by Stiria on 12/10/2011 4:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
might as well just max out your characters and do all the achievements anyways. it doesn't take long to get 5 lvl 13's and the hardest achievement to get is the "ressurection" achievement because few people are dying in beta. test this sucka out. right now is the time that we need to try to break this game that way blizzard can fix it before release. i've had my chars wiped 3 times and each time they've come back stronger than before!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]