Diablo® III

After seeing the intro...(spoiler)

I now realize and understand more about the story than I really wanted to.

Spoiler Alert!

Cain is Belial.
Proof? The meteor (Tyrael/Imperius/Whoever) comes hurtling out of the sky RIGHT AT HIM! Seems a little obvious now then, in the pretense that Archangels would never hurt the real Cain. Whoever the angel is....it is quite clear what they want. The Black Soulstone.

Also - In the black soulstone cinematic, Azmodan is speaking to Cain/Belial.

Azmodan - "You thought you were so clever, that you had outwitted us all. One by one, our brethren fell into your trap. But not me. I defy you. I know the Black Soulstone is the key, and it shall be mine. Soon my armies shall pour forth from the Shattered Mountain ravaging this world and all hope of resistance. My minions will find the stone wherever you choose to hide it. Then at long last, Azmodan shall reign as the Prime Evil."

Go back and watch it again. You'll soon realize that I'm right.
Reply Quote
"I thought we dismissed that claim"

It is not irrefutable proof, ONCE AGAIN. I argued this in a previous post about Cain being the ultimate evil. Search for it.

It would have to be woven in the story between Act IV and Act V if Cain were to make the switch.

ALSO, IN ADDITION, MOREOVER, ect.... Why the hell wouldn't the forces of hell want a library of knowledge at their hands? It is so silly that people forget that BOTH the forces of heaven and hell could see him [Cain] as a resource.

Yes, I am mad.

I really wouldn't care that he was whomever of the evils. But just give the original Cain a goodbye story. I mean we put up with him in Diablo 1 and 2. Kind of like a father or a guide.

Although I am generally a pessimistic, I feel disapointed in WoW story, and SC story is left to be told (I hope) but I really hope they don't ruin Diablo 8(
Reply Quote
12/10/2011 09:33 PMPosted by Preie
I argued this in a previous post about Cain being the ultimate evil. Search for it.

Belial is not the "ultimate evil" ?

Yes, I am mad.

Sorry that you're mad.

Kind of like a father or a guide.

Or your M. Night Shyamalan.
Reply Quote
Listen to the intro video at 1:53....and watch the lightning flash, that's called foreshadowing.
Reply Quote
No the ultimate evil was the in the title of the other thread. Sorry for the miscommunication. Once again I will take a look at the video and see if I get close to the same conclusion as you.

I take insult on the M. Night Shyamalan. We are now enemies ha.
Reply Quote
Not sure why you would take a pop culture term (M. Night) as an insult. I question your logic. >.>
Reply Quote
My logic is sound. The Village was borderline dumb in my opinion, haha.

Anyways, are you saying that the foreshadowing is coming from the lightning flashing the stain glass angel?

There are many discussions on the meteor, but what is not known is whose magic the meteor is. It could be from hell you know? It could allow the forces of hell to kill Cain and switch places.

I guess I will keep my reserves until the game finally comes out or other tid bits come out.
Reply Quote
I see your point. What I mean about the 1:53 intro scene it right after the creepy lightning strike Cain says "You do believe me don't you?" This implies that he is lying. Hence Belial lord of lies.
Reply Quote
Also Cain says - in the end....JUSTICE will fall upon the world of men. Tyrael is the Archangel of Justice. He is the meteor and he knows Belial is Cain. There's your story.
Reply Quote
Oh. I did catch that. It was a tad off key or it did spike my warning flags too. I don't know what to think of it yet.

But how could he, Belial waltz into the Pandemonium Fortress. Don't like it. Not one bit. Like I said.. something happened between Act IV or Act V... else I will have to start writing hate mail to Blizzard for another failed storyline.

It [ meteor] could of been cause by the other brothers to have a "discussion" with Belial then and bring him back in line.

Or we could be reading into too much of it. It could of been poor inflection from the VA and/or a rushed product. Or he could of genuinely thought that Leah didn't believe him since she turn his back to him and she was unreadable due to her contemplating the other dream.

Reply Quote
12/10/2011 10:28 PMPosted by BlueMeanie
I see your point. What I mean about the 1:53 intro scene it right after the creepy lightning strike Cain says "You do believe me don't you?" This implies that he is lying. Hence Belial lord of lies.
Well remember while Leah spent her near entire life with Cain, while in one hand she holds a more unique POV of Sanctuary and lore from her upbringing under Cain's tutelage.

Yet she has been depicted by Blizzard from interviews* and her journal accounts also as bit a youthful septic, questing the valid outlandish truth and thories of her uncle's word (not blood-related uncle) due to her inexperience. That is until Diablo III starts.

BTW while the idea of Cain being Belial in disguise been a interesting prospect I now find it difficult, if not impossible for him to be the Lesser Evil but a "fortunate" man to reach his late years from what been revealed from plot info from upcoming The Order novel:
AMAZON Book Description:
http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Order-Nate-Kenyon/dp/141655078X

Diablo III: The Order [Hardcover]
Nate Kenyon (Author)
Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: Gallery Books (May 29, 2012)

"For more than ten years, Diablo has been one of PC gaming’s iconic and blockbuster franchises, with millions of players experiencing to this day all the adventure and terror in the world of Sanctuary. Now, to tie-in with the long-awaited release of Blizzard Entertainment’s all-new game, Diablo III, the original novel Deckard Cain will bridge the untold story of one of Diablo’s most popular characters.

Now a much older man, Deckard Cain is on a mission to find the remnants of a rumored Horadric cell, and must call upon all of his knowledge and wit to teach and inspire those around him even as they face danger and death at every turn. Can he lead the return of a ragtag group of Horadrim and their ideals to Sanctuary...or will they die out with Cain himself?"
Diablo III Database - Book of Cain Interview With Micky Neilson:
http://d3db.com/news/id/57

Okay, fair enough! The "Book of Cain" was an enjoyable experience and a major boost in the collective lore surrounding the game universe of Diablo. Aside from playing through Diablo 3 when it arrives, what other offerings can lore junkies such as myself be expecting in the months and or years ahead?
"There's some stuff I can talk about and some stuff I can't. We have announced a book coming up from Nate Kenyon. It's called "The Order" and it has Deckard Cain as the main character, it's got Leah when she was a little girl and it's all about their adventures. There's a group that claims to be the Horadrim which has piqued Deckard Cain's interest and he's trying to find them, and there's yet another prophecy of a demonic attack on Sanctuary, so he's trying to figure out how to prevent that from happening. The real value of that book is getting into Deckard's character and really getting into Leah's character, her history and their history together."

* “She’s kinda of a surrogate for the player because she someone who heard all these theories of Deckard Cain throughout the years. She not quite sure she believes all of them. So she there to ask questions maybe the player has and the player can identify with.” - DirectTV BlizzCon 2011 Leonard Boyarsky Q&A
Edited by Eroldren on 12/10/2011 11:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think Leah will be the first to realize that something is wrong. She'll stumble into some evidence that Deckard Cain is in fact Belial. If I wrote the story that's how I'd do it. But you guys certainly have the right to your opinion.

At blizzcon they said that the black soulstone cinematic was only part of the real cinematic.

Anyway...

So I'll play devil's advocate. Who is Azmodan talking to?

It certainly isn't Leah.

Reply Quote
still waiting for an answer...C'mon
Reply Quote
At blizzcon they said that the black soulstone cinematic was only part of the real cinematic.
What? Blizzard said the "Black Soulstone Trailer" was only a placeholder name just for show, we wouldn't know its true title until reveal at reveal.

Or you referring to a omitted scene after Leah collapse down crying? The '08 teaser gasp: "I don't think its safe here."?

So I'll play devil's advocate. Who is Azmodan talking to?

It certainly isn't Leah.
Well I initially though Azmodan was referring "you"/"your" as in the human race and/or adventurers in general (though questioning Leah due to her association with Cain), they slew/banish his fellow Lesser Evils and the three Prime Evils.

There the fact Belial been rather busy in the far east in the Kehjistan region, ruining the prosperous work of Emperor Harken I's empire. I still really doubt now its Belial in guise as Cain or possessing the elderly man.

So that leaves Diablo who yet to be confirm how to reappear or his allege conspiracy motives. So unless one doesn't add the prospect of Zoltun Kulle's return... there no one else.
Edited by Eroldren on 12/11/2011 5:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]