Diablo® III

Strange BattleTag bug, incorrect ID?

My BattleTag seems to somehow be linked with D3BETA (who I'm most certainly not). When I make posts on the forum and I'm the thread starter or last poster it identifies me as D3BETA, if I search for posts I made it gives me search results for D3BETA, and when I manage characters to select what identity to post under, I have the normal options of my WoW characters, my SC2 account, and... D3BETA.
Edited by D3BETA on 12/15/2011 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Did you change it from D3BETA originally in the pre-BattleTag system?
Reply Quote
No, I thought D3BETA was a specific poster on the forums. If it's just the default name then I feel pretty silly. :(

Though I see no way to change it to anything else now so I suppose that could be a bug in itself. Hopefully this thread isn't completely useless.
Reply Quote
D3BETA is the name everyone gets when Beta is added to their account. The idea is that you would then change it to a name more to your liking after, but doing so was not mandatory. Now that the BattleTag system in on the production system instead of the internal Blizzard system, I assume they never thought about what would happen if someone hadn't changed their name from the default.

Either way, I'm not sure its a huge deal right now as where it says D3BETA in the thread list I think should be your BattleTag anyway. Eventually, everything that refers to you as D3BETA should be changed to your newly minted BattleTag, eventually.

If you do find a way to change your name (check to see if you can still change it in the character menu) you should post it here or in the "Battle Tag Issues and Info" thread for others.

Best of Luck
-Obelisk
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
It is kind of tedius right now, it's why I don't post as battletag and use SC2 account instead, so my posts don't say D3BETA as author or last poster in the post list. It shows up finein thread, but the author/last poster lists are important too.

I'm sure they will fix it though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]