Diablo® III

Monk weapons and attack animations

90 Human Rogue
Can it be made that the monk only draws out her/his weapons when doing normal attacks, and that they stay sheathed when using Monk skills?

Non of the monk attacks use weapons and it simply looks silly drawing in and out weapons that don't even get used. I think thats the main reason why it bugs me that monk attacks don't use weapons, because they are drawn and ready to go every atatck :/

The monk and the wizard both use weapons in some of their cast animations, so they look right but a monk... nope.

surely this would be an easy fix, but it does depend on how it's been coded.

Anyone else think this should be changed?
Reply Quote
Yes, there is already a few threads on this very subject. Not only here, but just about every Diablo III fansite. And yes, I agree with you 100%. They should either adjust the animations to use the weapons (most preferred) or keep them sheathed. The way it's designed now is just silly.

Hopefully they fix this issue and also remove the "Summon Giant Pillar" and "Summon Giant Bell" skills (Called Wave of Light) or at least completely change the animation for those skills. I actually felt bad for Chris Haga after he showed off the animations for these skills because the people at BlizzCon had the same reaction as most everyone else did....WTF?!?!? lol
Edited by Silencer on 12/16/2011 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
lol awesome yeah I thought the same about those as well :) glad I'm with many on this :)
Reply Quote
ye reason I dont play the monk even though it would suit me down to the bone otherwise.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]