Diablo® III

More then 1 meteor?

This may be due to the gap in time and a desire of Blizzard to polish the cinimatics but between the release of the teaser, and the latest cinimatic release there is a distinct difference in the approch of the meteor.

In the teaser cinimatic the meteor appears to be falling on a not so cloudy night, on a city, which Tristram is not. best shot @ 1:08 - 1:12

"New Tristram has been in existence for several years, though the exact date of its founding is unclear. Originally simply a collection of merchants looking to profit on adventurers and travelers drawn by legends of riches within the old cathedral, it slowly set down roots and became an established town." from the pages of Abd al-Hazir

In the opening cinimatic the meteor falls through a very thick black cloud cover and the only thing in it's path is the Tristam Cathedral. best shot @ 2:12

So this has led me to belive there may be more then one meteor that falls, and that perhaps we are chasing the meteors in the progression of the game.

Any thoughts or comments.

Another observation is that in both cinimatics Leah has a premanition of Diablo.
Reply Quote
*than
Reply Quote
The reason why these two shots look different are because they are perspectives taken from different angles.

The shot from the first cinematic teaser has the town (presumably tristram) in full view, on the hillside in front of the Cathedral. It is also a cloudy night, not clear as you have suggested. Let us presume that the camera angle here is from the South facing North:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/ardikus/cinematic1.jpg

In the opening cinematic, you can tell that the shot of the meteor is from a different angle because the town is partially hidden by the hillside, suggesting that the camera angle is from the West facing East.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/ardikus/Cinematic2.jpg

Conclusion: Same meteor, same cathedral, same clouds, different angles.

Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
My personal belief, based on The Prophecy from The Book Of Cain, is that the Meteor is Tyrael after he's been physically (and meta-physically) thrown out of Heaven by Imperius. I suspect that when players eventually get to the Meteor, they'll meet up with Tyrael, and he'll direct the character along onto the next part of their journey.
Reply Quote
The reason why these two shots look different are because they are perspectives taken from different angles.

The shot from the first cinematic teaser has the town (presumably tristram) in full view, on the hillside in front of the Cathedral. It is also a cloudy night, not clear as you have suggested. Let us presume that the camera angle here is from the South facing North:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/ardikus/cinematic1.jpg

In the opening cinematic, you can tell that the shot of the meteor is from a different angle because the town is partially hidden by the hillside, suggesting that the camera angle is from the West facing East.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/ardikus/Cinematic2.jpg

Conclusion: Same meteor, same cathedral, same clouds, different angles.

Completely irrelevant, but I like the attention to detail in the first frame. The farmlands, etc. That's definitely New Tristram, as it was founded as a farming town (more relevant).
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
How is that irrelevant, he put forth evidence as to why there is a discrepancy, troll much?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/24/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Sasukekun
How is that irrelevant, he put forth evidence as to why there is a discrepancy, troll much?

...He was saying his own comment was irrelevant. The one about farmlands, etc., that is in fact irrelevant to the original topic >.>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]