Diablo® III

Korea's GRB delays RMAH review again

Community Manager
Please answer my question then!
Whether I can play with friends from other regions! Like I live in SEA. I make a Character in SEA. Can I play with my friend who stays in EU and has an EU Character? (play with my friend = go on boss runs with him etc.)

You can, but you'd need to log in to the EU region and create a character to begin playing with him, or he'd need to make one in your region. If you're on your character in SEA and he's on his in EU you'd be able to talk to each other using your BattleTag or Real ID, but that's it. You have to be on the same region to play together.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Is the GAH global or not?

This would mean it's possible to trade across "realms," wouldn't it?

The gold auction house is not global. You can use each region's gold auction house, but they're all separate, as the characters in each region are separate.

You can only use the currency-based auction house of your home region.
Edited by Bashiok on 12/20/2011 7:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
.. Nevermind.. see the topic is RMAH approval in Korea.

So is that the real reason for the delay?
Edited by MerLock on 12/20/2011 7:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 3/18/2012 1:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/20/2011 07:35 PMPosted by Jacka
I was under the impression that I would be able to switch my currency from USD to Peso's whenever I pleased, being an American citizen/resident. But I wouldn't be able to switch to a Euro AH unless I proved that I "moved" to Europe.

That all sounds right to me. I'm not sure of a process to actually flag your account for another region though, even with proof. It's possible that could happen but I'm not aware of any intent to support that.
Reply Quote
Early 2012 guys, go play skyrim or something...lololol :)))
Reply Quote
Community Manager
.. Nevermind.. see the topic is RMAH approval in Korea.

So is that the real reason for the delay?

No, as explained here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3710773312?page=19#362
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Any chance for the switching of regions? (like the switching of Realms in WOW?)
I mean, there might be people migrating or going overseas to work/study and they want to switch their characters from lets say, the EU server, to the US server?

(This is one of the most blue-ed threads ever or smth I bet)
Edited by Synetta on 12/20/2011 7:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Any chance for the switching of regions? (like the switching of Realms in WOW?)
I mean, there might be people migrating or going overseas to work/study and they want to switch their characters from lets say, the EU server, to the US server?

No plans at this time. I would count it among 'pretty unlikely' due to the real currency ramifications.
Reply Quote
Awesome answers sir, ty for the clarifications for those who haven't been following closely.

Perhaps you could clarify whether or not blizzard will be charging a % fee prior to currency moving to paypal or sticking solely with the 2 flat listing fees.

Reply Quote
Can we get some kind of an official checklist of the game? Just a list of all the things you guys are actually working on to get the game out so we know exactly what is holding the game back. Maybe a brief description of what it is you don't like. I would hope that would stop, or more likely focus the hating and raging anticipation into something resembling a manageable discussion. Please? :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Please answer my question then!
Whether I can play with friends from other regions! Like I live in SEA. I make a Character in SEA. Can I play with my friend who stays in EU and has an EU Character? (play with my friend = go on boss runs with him etc.)

You can, but you'd need to log in to the EU region and create a character to begin playing with him, or he'd need to make one in your region. If you're on your character in SEA and he's on his in EU you'd be able to talk to each other using your BattleTag or Real ID, but that's it. You have to be on the same region to play together.

So it is possible to buy Diablo 3 anywhere in the world, and to make a character in any regional server you choose in this case?

(hehe, gotta take advantage of this rare opportunity where Bashiok is answering a lot of questions :D thanks a lot Bash, really appreciate all these clarifications)
Reply Quote
29 Human Warrior
You know for all the forum threads and all the blue post that really don't address the issue of the thread it is quite simple.

Blizzard,

is the game being held up because of the situation with the RMAH in Korea?

That is all the blue post need to answer at this time. 90% of the threads would be closed from that 1 answer. Please stop bull!@#$ting us.

If this does not prove that players want their ears tickled. If this does not prove that players like these will only listen to what they want to hear from a blue post. Will not listen to the truth, will not listen to reason. I do not know what other proof there could possibly be.

Okay then let's say it is the RMAH and Korea that it is only thing holding things back. Forget about the fact that Blizz has high standards when releasing a game. Forget about the possibility of any bugs, which btw they introduced patch nine to crush some bugs as it is.

Bugs while they won't prevent you from playing the game, or make so unplayable you will not get anything done. But still bad enough that they will cause serious issues during play. I know that Blizz has a high standard, that is what I expect them to live up to. I would not want them to release a game like D3 that is as buggy as Elder Scrolls IV Skyrim.

I have heard that Skyrim has it's bugs even though it is playable and complete. I want a highly polished diamond quality game and I personally thank Blizz for working tirelessly for making such a great products. That have less bugs than most games that have been launched by other gaming companies. I also want to thank the moderators for putting up with players like you, although I would not have as much tolerance as they do.

If Korea and the RMAH is the only thing holding it back, then Korea has fully power over D3. They could prevent it from seeing the light of day. All Bioware or any other competitor would have to do is pay Korea enough money to get Korea to say we will never give your game a rating, even if you disable the RMAH in the Korean version. They do that with the kind of power that they have. D3 will never see the light of day, it will never launch.

Does this really sound reasonable? I do not think so. I have no doubt that there are many games that are made here with the purpose of releasing worldwide that have never gotten a rating from Korea. Did that stop the game from releasing, no they just did not release it to the Korean market.
Reply Quote
We need more stuff to talk about. Tell us the story with runestones and/or item stats. Does Duriel like to cuddle?
Reply Quote
The wait wouldn't be that bad if I could play the beta >:(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]