Diablo® III

5 Questions For Beta Testers

Just a few questions regarding D3 Beta for those testing it (:

1) On a scale of 1-10, how fun is the game?

2) What do you think could be done to make the game better?

3) What makes the game stand out and makes it original?

4) Does it seem as if the game will become boring after a few play-throughs?

5) Is it better than you expected it to be or not as good?

6) What do you like most about the gameplay?

<3
Reply Quote
okay 6, im dumb
Reply Quote
1. i would give it a solid 9 i find it very fun to play.
2. Really not alot needs to be done to the beta to make it better it plays very smoothly and looks amazing.
3. It doesn't stand out and is not original because it is in fact the 3rd of the series there are very nice new addition such as the crafting which i myself find pretty awsome.
4. This depends on each person some people will get bored because in fact all games get boring with time but as long as blizzard adds new thing to the game here and there to keep things fresh it will be very replayable.
5. It is everything i expected and then some the graphics are great the sound is great people have complained about it not being dark enough and not enough gore but i can say from my own experience i find it more dark and easily as much gore as diablo 2.
6. What i like most is how well some of the skills blend and mesh with each other. Doing combinations of skills to control and blow up big packs of mobs is great.
Reply Quote
1.8, It's a very nice game in the genre.
2.A single player mode. The WoW-instance nature of the game comes through sometimes when I'm soloing, and it's jarring and unfun when it does.
3.Blizzard's very high-quality storytelling and a concern for game balance between skills.
4.Possibly, but no moreso than Diablo 2 did. I'm mostly bored with the beta to be honest and have only been playing this build to play around with Cyclone Strike.
5.It's about what I expected.
6.The ragdoll physics.
Reply Quote
1) On a scale of 1-10, how fun is the game? 9.5 some internet lag brings it down from 10.0

2) What do you think could be done to make the game better? better server optimization and more dynamic enemy attacks, but patch 8.0 started to fix this...

3) What makes the game stand out and makes it original? The painted stylized backdrop, I love the highly stylized look.

4) Does it seem as if the game will become boring after a few play-throughs? Maybe, but After maxing out 5-4 chars in all levels of diff and hardcore we are talking like 1000 hours ;)

5) Is it better than you expected it to be or not as good? What I expected for the most part.

6) What do you like most about the gameplay? The fact that this is the first Diablo game that i want to play all the characters! I was a Warrior than then Barb/druid, but this time I want to play them all! They all have this unique fun factor.
Reply Quote

<3

1. 8.5, keep in the mind the beta is very limited but extremely fun. I think the game will be close to a 10 when we get the full version

2. This is a tough one, I do not have too many complaints. I guess as of right now it seems the the crafted weapons are just as good if not better than looted items. I would like to have more emphasis on loot hunting/trading than to just be able to craft the best items. But I hope this isn't the case for the game and only applies to the beta.

3. The quality voice acting and the resource management definitely makes this different than the previous Diablos and the Diablo clones. Also the art direction is very unique (it is not even close too looking like WoW). I really like it.

4. I have had the beta for 3 weeks and probably put 60+ hours into it, keep in mind it only takes about 2 hours to fully run through the beta one time. This game has the same addicting elements that Diablo had, plus this game is designed to be played over and over again. If you like the previous Diablos then replayabilty is nothing to worry about.

5. It's better than I expected. I am a old school Diablo player and I can tell you this game is far and beyond more compelling than Diablo 2. Broken mechanics are fixed (scroll of town portal just to name one) and the multiple resources for each class adds a layer of depth to the game that the previous versions did not have.

6. The ability switch skills out to find a build you like, not having to commit to a spec to find out that it sucks and having to reroll another character. Freedom essentially. Also the game is extremely visceral, over the top gory, and fast paced.
Reply Quote
a solid 8.5.. but that's without half the skills, runestones.. and about 1hr of one act. Judge accordingly.

Keep tweaking the skills that each class has so each one has a use and is amazing. Skills like familiar and companion are lame in their current incarnation. they might be useful.. but really? in comparison to some things I think blizzard can make them really awesome.
I would love to see blizzard give us access to some runestones, or the rest of the skills somehow. I think that these are the things that make diablo really fun, and giving the general public some time to try and break them, or find random bugs would be important. Additionally, I think Blizzard would get some valuable information about which skills are most commonly picked, and why. This would help highlight some skills that could be improved to be more viable choices.

Customization. Even without runestones, it's in a really good place. I feel like the skills are useful and interesting... and the equipment really works well with the skills you pick.

No. it will take at least a few play throughs to scratch the surface of this. I'm amazed at how much depth there is even with just the beta content. Motivation to increase your crafting via the blacksmith, or find some fun gear is awesome. Not to mention how different playthroughs on a class can be.

I expected it would be good, but until experiencing the content first hand you don't see why. It's really amazing already and I think the polish they're trying to add going up to release is only going to make it better.

3 things here. First, when you get to level 10, and now the character has 3 actives and 1 passive.. you really start to get a sense for what the class can start to do, great feeling.

the 4 person party is EXCELLENT. No, really. If you play through the beta content alone, and then play through it with 4 people? monsters are tougher, more numerous, and abilities are flying around all over the place. I HIGHLY recommend jumping into public games.

Lastly, the most satisfying damn thing is the Demon hunter's tactical advantage passive combined with Vault to fly through dungeons! Can't run from me demons!
Reply Quote

It's very fun/addictive.. I'm not sure which side of the scale that falls under. ;)

Companions should be more collection-oriented to fit with the Diablo theme of grinding for elusive loot. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3759616363#1

Skill swapping should really be done by an out-of-combat system.. a simple timer from last attack or damage received, if not aggro-based, would suffice.

The very much improved skill, socketing, and crafting systems.

Can hardly get the best loot from a few play-throughs.. so no.

Both - it's kinda hard to answer that one way or the other given the multiple systems in the game.

While the companions have a good looting mechanic, the rest of the system is an unfortunate miss.

Skill swapping at an alter comes across as a clumsy crutch for not implementing an out-of-combat system. But the skill system itself is vastly improved from D2.

The crafting system is really cool, but the Jeweler should be able to craft rings and amulets as well as upgrading gems.

The random areas and sub-area spawns are very well done.

The crafting cube should be given by Cain after rescuing him, imo.. sooner than later. Selling what are effectively crafting mats or throwing them on the ground to make room isn't fun.

The sound is amazing.. love the LFE! The graphics are good, not great, in their lack of vibrancy but certainly not disappointing - blame the fog and perhaps lower-res textures than release?

The banner is neat.. like the customization. The recent change from images of dyes to coloured squares was a bit disappointing.

Mindless killing for slightly better loot and the inevitable false sense of accomplishment.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
OK I am just answering these from briefly playing my friends beta at his house, mainly just watching him.

1. 10, I have been ancticipating this game since it was ever first announced and even before that I was hoping for it.
2. I personally think the skill setup is iffy, I still think their should be be some custumization in skill choseing with points/trees but it is minor at this point.
3. Overall the game itself is just really solid. I personally haven't seen my friend run into a bug and the few times I did hop on it their I didn't find any. It is extremely smooth playing, and yes its just first portion of act1 but it feels much different from Diablo2.
4. At some point every game does get boring, but with the added difficulty, the fact that people don't need to sit their and farm the same boss over and over to level or try and grind items and the arena in their, I believe that the replay value will last alot longer.
5. It pretty much stands up to what I expected. I truely believe like Diablo 2 was for a long time, Diablo 3 will be a top game around the globe for a good long time.
6. Having more then just 2 abilities is really nice, and the fact that every ability is viable is also excellent. It will allow people to use whatever skill they want to while in D2 their were some skills that were just totally useless.
Reply Quote

1 - A solid 8-9. Only thing that would make it a 10 is if I could play it OFFLINE with the wife and roomate.

12/17/2011 01:31 PMPosted by WallaWalla

2 - See 1 above, an OFFLINE component.

3 - New compelling story, artisans, and graphic effects.

4 - A few playthroughs? Meaning Inferno included? Yeah, probably so, as I imagine any game would. But will Diablo III's replayability meet or exceed that of Diablo IIs? Most likely. They'll add an expansion or two I would imagine to help keep things fresh.

5 - About on par. One of my own personal expectations was to be able to play in 2560x1600 resolution. D2+LoD at 800x600 on a monitor that could display well above that is what finally killed D2 for me.

<3

6 - You said only 5 questions - I wasnt prepared for a 6th answer! :P
Edited by Moto on 12/17/2011 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
1) 7.5

2) More than 4-player games would be ideal, but that's already set in stone. The difficulty is also tweaked to be too easy - first hour of the game considering. You don't have to use a single consumable, full 4-player game mobs can still die in 1-2 hits, and there is no sense of danger. You look at something, and it dies.

3) Compared to the older Diablos, I don't feel anything extraordinarily creative has been done. Only crafting, new skills, etc. Gameplay is vastly similar - Diablo II with newer graphics. The first level is exactly the same as the first two which I understand is for nostalgia purposes but seems unnecessary. Hopefully the following areas are creative and fresh.

4) The beta doesn't pull me in. I had believed I wouldn't be able to put it down once I was lucky enough to get a key, but I find myself wanting to do something else after half an hour.

5) It falls below my expectations, but my expectations were much too high being honest. I just don't feel gripped by the game. No adrenaline rushes, no sense of dread going into new areas, no incentive to explore. Too much of the same as Diablo II (there is a too much before anyone gets rowdy over this statement). If anyone has played Starcraft II and got bored after a while - you might feel the same way. You just played Starcraft I so much (1000+ hours) that Starcraft II can't maintain your interest as well because it's too similar.

6) The skills are a lot more flashy and make sense. They try to encourage comboing your skills to eliminate the linearity of Diablo I, II abilities (Frozen Orb spam, WW spam).
Reply Quote
I'm a bit surprised to see so much positive feedback with how many complaints there have been. I hope blizz looks at this thread because some of this feedback is really interesting and some good suggestions are made.
Reply Quote

<3

1. 10+
2. Local Coop on LAN.
3. Art style oozes atmosphere. It's chillingly beautiful.
4. No
5. Much Much Better
6. Accessibility, pacing, action, skills, npc's, story, it's all great.
Reply Quote
You work for blizzard! conffes!
Reply Quote
you guys won't be disappointed, it's a blast to play. :)
Reply Quote
1) 7, would have been 8 before this patch. The patch makes great changes but it seems to be causing some lag issues. The game is great fun when the lag doesn't hit. Don't let that scare you though, before this patch I had absolutely zero lag outside of the first 10 seconds of a game starting.

2) Fix that tiny lag issue, give the game a bit more randomization in dungeons (overworld randomization seems fine). That's all I can really think of right now honestly, the game is pretty good as is. I do wish maybe we had some choice of which skills to learn as we leveled (within reason of course, no taking the best skills first). This way we could choose some skills we love (say electrocute on a wizard) instead of being stuck with skills we dislike (say...charged bolt >_< or whatever its called now).

3) Lack of skill/stat points. Seems like a bad thing at first I know, but once you get your hands on it it's actually a lot of fun.

4) This is really hard to say honestly. Right now I say yes, but that's only because I've played the beta to death. To be fair though, it's taken me ~20 characters to get bored and this is only the level 1-13 content, so that could say a lot about full game.

5) Not as good, but man did I have this game up on a pedestal, it could never have been as good as I hoped. However, what I have played and what has been shown for the future of the game is leading me to believe the game will still be excellent.

6) Crafting
Reply Quote
12/17/2011 01:54 PMPosted by Halloom
The WoW-instance nature of the game comes through sometimes when I'm soloing, and it's jarring and unfun when it does.

I know this post was from a WoW player, but I had a good belly laugh from this one.
I can only assume from this comment that this person never played Diablo 2.
Reply Quote
1) 9.5 (assuming that we're about six months away from release)
2) Released yesterday, and I have the collector's edition
3) Same flavor as Diablo 2 LOD, false 3D perspective is nicely done, and I like the Gothic feel
4) No
5) Better. But I played both Diablo 1, 2, and 2 LOD
6) Doesn't have a "grind" feel to it, good flow of storyline, and good storyline
Reply Quote

1 .A solid 8. Probably better when the full game is out and we aren't limited to part 1 of act

2. minor things, like putting a "show helm" button so we can toggle it on or off. (inb4 WoW)

3. The setting, storylines and game art. The trees and plants look like they were painted onto a canvas, then somehow digitized in game.

4. No. This game will have a lot of staying power, although I suppose that differs from person to person. Personally, I had a blast doing one Skeleton King run after another, just for the combat and to see If I could find even better loot, and going after achievements.

5. About the level of epicness I expected, which was quite high. This game will be good.

6. The combat is incredibly satisfying, particularly as the melee classes. There are almost unlimited numbers of ways enemies can die, including the environment by collapsing walls and chandeliers on top of them. It is incredibly refreshing after playing WoW and seeing every mob die the same way ten thousand times, and the environment is destructible in many ways.

The physics and game sounds make combat truly incredible. All the soft squishes and thuds when you're beating on some fallen, you tear through them, sending gore splattering.. and body parts flying always in different directions. I got more satisfaction out of playing the first 5 levels, than I did all 85 levels in WoW playing as the warrior, where the goriest it got was when you used rend.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]